Using Points From NCL Mastercard

gtalum

I am a somewhat seasoned Carnival cruiser, but I have an NCL Mastercard because it's so much better of a deal than the Carnival SeaMiles card.

Anyway, I just had some questions from those of you who have used the NCL Mastercard points on the procedure for doing it. My understanding is that I have to pay the deposit myself, and that the points can't be used for deposit. Is that correct? So I call NCL or a TA (or do it online, whatever), make a reservation, pay the deposit. Then I call BofA to get my reward certificates and mail them in for credit towards final payment. Do I pretty much have that right?

When I got the card, I failed to read the part of the fine print that said I had to pay the deposit myself. I just read it now on the website. I was hoping for a totally free cruise. Looks like it will have to be a $750 cruise, still not bad for three people, I guess. :D

I'm looking at Norwegian Dawn to the Eastern Caribbean in late 2008 or early 2009, when hopefully my daughter will be potty-trained so that we won't have to run to the youth program to change her diaper every hour...

I am a somewhat seasoned Carnival cruiser, but I have an NCL Mastercard because it's so much better of a deal than the Carnival SeaMiles card.

Anyway, I just had some questions from those of you who have used the NCL Mastercard points on the procedure for doing it. My understanding is that I have to pay the deposit myself, and that the points can't be used for deposit. Is that correct? So I call NCL or a TA (or do it online, whatever), make a reservation, pay the deposit. Then I call BofA to get my reward certificates and mail them in for credit towards final payment. Do I pretty much have that right?

When I got the card, I failed to read the part of the fine print that said I had to pay the deposit myself. I just read it now on the website. I was hoping for a totally free cruise. Looks like it will have to be a $750 cruise, still not bad for three people, I guess. :D

I'm looking at Norwegian Dawn to the Eastern Caribbean in late 2008 or early 2009, when hopefully my daughter will be potty-trained so that we won't have to run to the youth program to change her diaper every hour...

Actually, past practices have been that if you mail in more dollars in certificates than your final payment (up to the total price of the cruise) you will get a credit back (ie they will cover the deposit as well) on your card.

Bottom line you CAN have a totally free cruise in that aspect.

Actually, past practices have been that if you mail in more dollars in certificates than your final payment (up to the total price of the cruise) you will get a credit back (ie they will cover the deposit as well) on your card.

Bottom line you CAN have a totally free cruise in that aspect.

NCL has credited back parts of my deposit when I submitted the certificates when final payment was due.

Archived