? for ZoneHPH

fitters

Hi...I noticed you live in NJ. I have a question in regards to traveling from Teaneck, NJ to LaGuardia airport. How much time would I need to travel from Teaneck to LaGuardia on a Friday evening? I'm not able to leave my hotel until at least 5:30 pm. Would I be able to make an 8:00 pm flight? Or am I pushing it with traffic? I will have to turn in a rental car too.

Appreciate any insight you may have as I have never traveled to this area before. I'm just wondering if I am going to have to stay an additional night and leave on Saturday.

Thank you!

Hi...I noticed you live in NJ. I have a question in regards to traveling from Teaneck, NJ to LaGuardia airport. How much time would I need to travel from Teaneck to LaGuardia on a Friday evening? I'm not able to leave my hotel until at least 5:30 pm. Would I be able to make an 8:00 pm flight? Or am I pushing it with traffic? I will have to turn in a rental car too.

Appreciate any insight you may have as I have never traveled to this area before. I'm just wondering if I am going to have to stay an additional night and leave on Saturday.

Thank you!

(8pm flight) + (cannot leave hotel earlier than 5:30pm) = no can do!!!

that's the extent of my knowledge. i can't really speak from experience mainly because i fly out of EWR no matter what...i live 20min from there using the local roads. but i do know that traffic to the NY airports from NJ just sucks big time...especially at the time you will be leaving. the GWB will kill you.

perhaps reschedule your flight to the last flight of the day? you'll need time with the rental car return also.

i'm a pretty laid back guy...if you can swing it...stay and leave saturday. give yourself time to decompress...then just enjoy a nice flight home...that's what i would do.

I concurr with my fellow New Jerseyian ZoneHPH. I live one town over in Garfield ( and hey, I went to school in Passaic!!!).

No way I would count on getting there in that amount of time. I don't know when you are flying but if my Yankees or the Mets are playing at home that evening, the traffic will be horrendous!!! Don't make yourself crazy trying to do this! I have spent many a night on the Rt 80, the GWB or the Cross Bronx Expwy cursing the traffic!

I concurr with my fellow New Jerseyian ZoneHPH. I live one town over in Garfield ( and hey, I went to school in Passaic!!!).

No way I would count on getting there in that amount of time. I don't know when you are flying but if my Yankees or the Mets are playing at home that evening, the traffic will be horrendous!!! Don't make yourself crazy trying to do this! I have spent many a night on the Rt 80, the GWB or the Cross Bronx Expwy cursing the traffic!

heheheheeh....dunno if you went to passaic hs.....i am class of 1990.

and you?

esepcially if there is a Yankee game this is a bear. WIthout traffic you are 30 minutes to LGA. With Traffic it can take 2 hours. The fastest way in my opinion is the GWB to the FDR to the Triboro to Queens. Technically they want you at the airport at least an hour or two before. Can it be done, yes without a Yankee game and with no back up.....

I went to a Catholic HS in Passaic that no longer exists --- Pope Pius XII. I graduated in 1977 so I guess I'm just a bit older than you;)!

oh yeah...i think it was still around for a little bit longer...that was where Rt 21 used to terminate, if i recall.

(8pm flight) + (cannot leave hotel earlier than 5:30pm) = no can do!!!

that's the extent of my knowledge. i can't really speak from experience mainly because i fly out of EWR no matter what...i live 20min from there using the local roads. but i do know that traffic to the NY airports from NJ just sucks big time...especially at the time you will be leaving. the GWB will kill you.

perhaps reschedule your flight to the last flight of the day? you'll need time with the rental car return also.

i'm a pretty laid back guy...if you can swing it...stay and leave saturday. give yourself time to decompress...then just enjoy a nice flight home...that's what i would do.

Thanks! That is what I was figuring. Would it be better to fly out of Newark instead of LaGuardia (from Teaneck)? The flights were cheaper out of LaGuardia, that is why I'm thinking that way. But I don't want to stress myself out over something as small as that.

Thank you all for your assistance!

Thanks! That is what I was figuring. Would it be better to fly out of Newark instead of LaGuardia (from Teaneck)? The flights were cheaper out of LaGuardia, that is why I'm thinking that way. But I don't want to stress myself out over something as small as that.

Yes, EWR would be less stressful. You never can tell about NY traffic & if you run late & don't leave your hotel until 6 -- yikes. :eek:

the price differences are never enough to warrant the stress of trying to get there. i don't think i've ever priced out airline tickets where the difference was so great that it would make up for the toll, gas, and hassle of getting out there.

...and that's one reason EWR is a bit pricier...the true convenience.

the price differences are never enough to warrant the stress of trying to get there. i don't think i've ever priced out airline tickets where the difference was so great that it would make up for the toll, gas, and hassle of getting out there.

...and that's one reason EWR is a bit pricier...the true convenience.

That said, the latest flight out of Newark on the Friday I want to leave is 8:05 pm. I shouldn't have a problem making it then if I leave no later than 5:30? I believe my meeting is 16 miles from Newark airport....

Thanks again.....I truly appreciate all the advice!:)

That said, the latest flight out of Newark on the Friday I want to leave is 8:05 pm. I shouldn't have a problem making it then if I leave no later than 5:30? I believe my meeting is 16 miles from Newark airport....

Thanks again.....I truly appreciate all the advice!:)

just shoot down the NJ Tpk to Exit 14, my friend. have a safe flight!

My sister who lives in New Jersey booked a flight from JFK for a vacation because the flights were cheaper than from EWR. Boy did it ever cost her more because the transportation to get to JFK from New Jersey was a fortune (it's a small fortune anyway, but I'm talking about a big fortune). As ZoneHPH said, the stress is so not worth the "possible" savings.

My sister who lives in New Jersey booked a flight from JFK for a vacation because the flights were cheaper than from EWR. Boy did it ever cost her more because the transportation to get to JFK from New Jersey was a fortune (it's a small fortune anyway, but I'm talking about a big fortune). As ZoneHPH said, the stress is so not worth the "possible" savings.

you are such a nice person always backing me up! what a glorious day for a cookout!!!

Archived