room 8043 -

nannyny

I believe that is the cabin we have booked for the caribbean in January. Either that one, or one very like it! When we got off in November last year, we toured 8 deck to find which were the least obstructed "obstructed" cabins!

for those seeking to see what an obstructed cabin looks like on the QM2 deck 8, here you go. The view was lovely, plenty of sun and fresh air.

Having seen 8069 recently, the picture you post is misleading. The cabin you refer to has a very much smaller boat than most, and consequentally more light. Great if you have it, of course, but not typical.

Matthew

Matthew, I was in this cabin in May. Part of a larger lifeboat is on the left, the smaller boat is correct. The cabin next door to the right has a much better view as the smaller boat is in the front. Sometimes I wonder why bother.

Matthew, I was in this cabin in May. Part of a larger lifeboat is on the left, the smaller boat is correct. The cabin next door to the right has a much better view as the smaller boat is in the front. Sometimes I wonder why bother.

I'm sorry you feel like that. However, that is the only boat of that size on that side, and therefore the remaining cabins - with the possible exception of next door - in the B6 grade are bereft of such a good view.

I thought that was worth pointing out, to avoid others being disappointed. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Thanks, Nannyny, for posting the picture of your balcony. There are a few obstructed cabins on each side that offer a real "value" for those of us who love the glass balconies. Knowing which ones they are is the real trick, and we're getting good information on these boards from pictures like yours, as to which are the best. Thanks also, for the tip on the view from the next cabin...this knowledge is very helpful.

Rick J

Thanks for posting your pic. We have 8052 which may be fully obstructed, but I don't really care. We took the balcony just as a place to step out and get a breathe of fresh air not for the transatlantic view.

• 4 years later...

Thank You

Even now your post is helping people. it's helped me a great deal, thanks for the post and diffiantly the pic!

for those seeking to see what an obstructed cabin looks like on the QM2 deck 8, here you go. The view was lovely, plenty of sun and fresh air.

We have crossed in that cabin when our regular cabin was unavailable for that trip. We loved it...actually my husband liked it most as it was so close to the elevators. It's a good choice on Deck 8 if you can get it.....

Cheers,Penny

Penny’s “Affair to Remember” QM2 Review Dec. 2006

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...QM2 to the Caribbean again

October 16,2008...QM2 transatlantic in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage.

December 9, 2008...QM2...back to the Caribbean

July 30, 2009....QM2....transatlantic again...

August 7, 2009....QM2... “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....Emerald Princess to the Caribbean

Aug 14, 2010...QM2... return to Norway, all the way to the top!

Aug 22, 2011...Diamond Princess....North to Alaska!!

Dec 2,2011...Noordam to the Caribbean...outstanding!

2012...assorted trips

2012...Booked on the lovely Noordam again

Archived