Holland

BeenAround

Hi Folks,

My wife and I are sailing with HAL for the first time Feb 6. We also found Norwegian to be expensive compared to this cruise with a balcony. We think we have done very well and we have heard many good things. We pretty much have been on the main cruise lines although we always cruise mid ship on a higher floor, requested cabins being more costly, we opted for guaranteed this time at a price we thought was quite good. I wonder how long before the cruise do they usually assign the cabin numbers and/or upgrades if any. How does one find these things out. Right now online at Holland pre-registration shows our Guaranteed but no room numbers. We have again chosen mid ship category but not reserved cabin. So, I guess, my question is when do I know about cabin number and upgrade? Actually, anything will excite me but I do want to go OOOHHHH...AAAHHHH....Honey look where we are bunking. I look forward to sailing with all you beautiful people come February.:)

With Holland America guarantees, it is possible you may not have a cabin number until a week or two prior to sailing. You could get your documents and still not have a cabin assignment. People have even not learned their number until they arrive at the dock.

By checking the Immigration Form is the best way for you to see if you have been assigned a cabin.

But, even if you see one assigned, it could change before you actually board.

Hope you love HAL as much as we do. It's the only line we sail now.....and has been for many years.

My mistake, I thought you wanted to know about the country - Holland. HAL is Holland America. ;)

Sail has given excellent advice about HAL and cabin assignments. The Holland America forum here is also a great place to ask more questions.

Archived