south america infinity cabin 7203

2martinis

I've not seen the aft cabins, but we had a veranda near the aft. great scenery from any angle! I'd think that an aft might be more 'bouncy' if the weather's naughty. We had several days of wild winds/seas/gale force and we were really 'bouncy' one night. It is amazing that a ship can hold together making soooo much creeking/cracking noises. But it was a great trip despite nearly missing Puerto madryn, missing the Falklands and threatened with missing Punta Arenas...all due to high winds and seas. On the other hand it was glassy and flat at Cape Horn. Go figure. And we loved Buenos Aries, despite the heat. Make sure to try to see all the penguins...sign up for the Falkland Emperor Penguin tour...I hear it's great..and it you miss it then you get a huge onboard credit;)

have a great time...we'd go again

We just returned from Alaska cruise on Infinity - we were in CC 7203 and had wonderful views in every direction. Weather didn't cooperate everyday but it was beautiful on our very large veranda when we could use it. Helps that the veranda is about 2/3 covered - can relax out of elements - rain in Alaska - sun in SA. This was my first cruise and it was very nice and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to see on my first cruise. Service to our cabin wasn't up to par - made up beds and changed towels and that was about it. We don't require much so that was fine with us. Hope you enjoy 7203 as much as we did.

Aft cabins are great. The views are close to the same as the starboard/port views. If you are sailing from Valipariso to Buenos Aires, the port side would tend to be the side facing shore.

The best part of the aft cabin you have will be the balcony! You will be surprised at the size of it!:) We were in 7212 next to 7203 on Infinity in 2006 for a Panama Canal cruise and it was fantastic. Our friends were in 7203 next to us.

We liked the aft cabin so much, (I did) that we are on Infinity again in 2009 in an aft cabin doing the Panama Canal.

We do S. America in March 2008 on Princess and have a starboard cabin as we sail from Buenos Aires to Santiago.

Have a great cruise!:)

We just returned from Alaska cruise on Infinity

Service to our cabin wasn't up to par - made up beds and changed towels and that was about it. We don't require much so that was fine with us. Hope you enjoy 7203 as much as we did.

I hope you mentioned to guest relations that you were not satisfied with the service and condition of the cabin. You were, I think, in a CC category cabin and the service should have been exemplary. When we embarked on Millennium (FV7202) before our transatlantic in March, we experienced the same poor housekeeping before our arrival. Countertops were sticky, lots of dust, even a dirty towel out on the balcony. I reported the situation to Guest Relations, and the Asst. Chief-housekeeper appeared within about 15 minutes. The Steward's excuse was that there had been a family of 5 in the cabin prior to our boarding and they left rather late. I explained that, although he had my sympathy about the short turn-around, that was not what I wanted to hear. If the cabins are not ready, they should not be turned over to the new guests. It was re-cleaned somewhat, but I never felt as though our steward was really "on top of things". For that reason, we gave the recommended tip, but not the usual generous extra that we normally leave at the end of a cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sailed on the sister ship Constellation in cabin 7208 in 2006. Awesome!

The balcony is so large, it had one lounger and 2 chair with a table.

If you want pics, email me at Daphna101@aol.com

I have the room above it, booked for this yr, and next yr, again on the Connie in 7208.

My brother was in an aft, side cabin. One thing is, that from bed, they could see their view, with me, i kind of had to get up..no regrets at all.

Daphna

Archived