Alyeska activities?

bluedaisy

Hi all,

My cruisetour makes a stop in Alyeska for about a day (afternoon, and next morning). What activities, if any, are there to do in this town? One of the cruisetour excursions is kayaking in Prince William Sound. Although kayaking is not for us, is Prince William Sound closeby? Could anyone suggest some things to pass the time? Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

My cruisetour makes a stop in Alyeska for about a day (afternoon, and next morning). What activities, if any, are there to do in this town? One of the cruisetour excursions is kayaking in Prince William Sound. Although kayaking is not for us, is Prince William Sound closeby? Could anyone suggest some things to pass the time? Thanks in advance!

Great restaurant at the top of the mountain-Seven Glaciers. 5* dining with a fantastic view.

The tram/lunch combo is great-hiking, lunch, etc.

There is parasailing from the top

The little village has some great shops

Fantastic scenery from the top of the mountain

Wildlife center is not far-bears, muskox (really weird looking animals), moose, elk, etc.

Even if kayaking is not your cup of tea, do the kayaking at prince william sound! We did that just a week ago and it was breathtaking. We saw a harbor seal that wandered around us for about a minue. Also, you'd kayak close to waterfalls and there was this particular one that housed at least 5000 birds that were just swirling above our kayaks. A fantastic display and you should not miss this!

Even if kayaking is not your cup of tea, do the kayaking at prince william sound! We did that just a week ago and it was breathtaking. We saw a harbor seal that wandered around us for about a minue. Also, you'd kayak close to waterfalls and there was this particular one that housed at least 5000 birds that were just swirling above our kayaks. A fantastic display and you should not miss this!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm going with my mom who can't swim and is terrified of going kayaking and falling into the water.

I'll check out the other suggestions. Thanks everyone.

We went hiking on the trails behind the hotel. It was fun and our guide (Dusty) was awesome. It was listed as a short, hour long tour but we were so into it he kept taking us further and further. He was so excited that we liked the hike that he kept saying "you've got to see this or that it's just a little further"

Archived