toboggan in Funchal

Looking at the toboggan ride in Funchal. Does anyone know how much it is or where it ends?

I think it ends at the bottom.:rolleyes:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Looking at the toboggan ride in Funchal. Does anyone know how much it is or where it ends?

You can take the cable up from Funchal (it's at the far end of the promenade) from the top of the cable car you walk round to Nossa Senhora do Monte Church from where the "toboggan run" starts.

The "run" is only about 2km long so it doesn't take you back to the town of Funchal. At end of the run there are usually taxis available to take you back into town.

As for price?...I can't remember exactly...but all in all from what I remember it wasn't overly expensive.

Alan

I did this a few months ago and don't remember the cost either, so it can't have been too bad. Although the trip was quite fun to do, I was a little disappointed as it was extremely slow - in fact it kept coming to a total stop! I think it depends on the weather conditions how fast the baskets will actually travel. Just don't expect some sort of white knuckle ride.

IIRC the price was 10 euros. They will try to sell you a photo of yourself at the end for another 10 euros.

I hired a taxi to take me up to the ride, wait for me at the bottom and then take me back to town. He did stop at a couple photo spots along the route as well. I remember it costing more than I expected, but it was reasonable for all his waiting time.

Definitely a don't miss experience, but don't do it with a ship's excursion unless you like waiting in lines.

Julia

Archived