beach restaurant in Cannes

Can anyone tell me about any good beah restauants in Cannes or Nice or anywhere I can get to from Villefranche? Hanging out with a cabana, drink, with food at the beach is the way we want to go. I figure they are expensive but how expensive? Know any good ones?

I don't recall any restaurants as such on the beach at Cannes. There are the two beaches - Le Croiset and Le Suquet - either side of the Festival centre (where the film festival is held) and there are 'beach clubs' along each beach, i.e. you pay you money and you can go in to a club where you can use loungers, shades, and I'm sure they also have bars in them. But no restaurants.

There are typical french Cafes, e.g. Le Grand Cafe close to the Festival centre but on the other side of the main road, and of course they do meals. Not cheap, though. And there are hotels, some very good ones, and I expect that they have restaurants in them. But (as far as I can remember) no actual beach restaurants.

I agree with Tom (usually do) that there really are not decent "beach" restaurants in Cannes or Nice. However, there are many cafes and restaurants very close to the beach in both cities. In Cannes, we really love to go to one of several restaurants located on the Rue Antoine..but this is only for dinner (not practical for cruises). For lunch, we normally just look at the menus and choose whatever looks good from among the restaurants that are along the quai in the Vieux Port (this is for Cannes). In Nice, we tend to favor the outdoor cafes in the Nice Old Town (again we look at the dailyu menus) for lunch, and for dinner it would usually be Chantecler (in the Hotel Negesco) where we once had one of the greatest dinners we have ever enjoyed anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, the chef that cooked that dinner (his name was LeStanc) left Chantecler to open a tiny restaurant in Old Town (that is another story in itself). Chantecler is open for lunch, but its not on the beach (its across the Promanade) and you would probably need reservations weeks in advance.

Hank

If you want to go to Cannes for a beach day, then go to one of the beaches belonging to hotels: Martinez or Carlton or Noga Hilton.

We stayed at Martinez, they do have beach restaurant, "ZPlage", serving light beach cuisine, they actually can bring food and cocktails to your lounge chair. If you want some serious menus, try their restaurant La Palme d’Or, cross the street from the beach, at the hotel.

You don’t have to go to Cannes for delightful beach day. Actually Plage Passable at St. Jean du Cap Ferrat is beautiful, 5-7- minute taxi ride from Villefranche, has beach restaurant, specializing in bouillabaisse and grilled fish. They also bring whatever you want to your lounge chair. You will have to ask the receptionist at the counter to call for a taxi on the way back Always have extra time just in case.

There is also Paloma Beach at St. Jean du Cap Ferrat, with a restaurant, etc.

To rent a chair with an umbrella is about 30 euros per person, may be more now, a bottle of water- 5-7 euros, etc., 5-7- minutes taxi ride about 30 euros one way. May be not exactly, but somewhere there.

We stayed at The Hotel Martinez several years ago. They will also serve you lunch or a snack, right at your lounge chair.

Does anyone know how far the Hotel is from the Port.

Thank you

ZZROX, You failed to tell us what port. If you are tendered into Cannes you will actually land at the Vieux Port which is right in the city (everything is within walking distance) If you are tendering into Villafranche it will take you about 40 minutes on the train (the train station is a 10 min walk from the tender pier). The Hotel Martinez is right on the Croisette and you could walk there from the Cannes tender pier in about 10 minutes. It would take a few more minutes from the Cannes train station (if you are coming from Villafranche).

Hank

Archived