Experience the Yukon and White Pass Railway

Diva Onboard

Our group is planning on taking the shore excursion "Experience the Yukon and White Pass Railway". It takes you into the Yukon via motorcoach and back by the White Pass Railway.

Has anyone done this? Do you think it offers the best viewing - going one way by coach and another by rail?

Any advice will be welcome. Thanks

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;7;18;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

<Marquee>I'm getting out there - SERENADE OF THE SEAS - July 18, 2004<Marquee>

There's a thread on that very specific topic that I started a few weeks ago with lots a great feedback on this excursion - check it out:

Skagway White Pass Bus & RR

Next up: 05/04 Sun Princess Alaska; 10/04 Star Princess Transatlantic;

Past: 05/03 Regal Princess Baltics Russia; 12/02 Constellation Celebrity Southern C; 10/01 Golden Princess Eastern C; 03/01 Sensation Carnival Western C; 04/00 Costa Romantica Western C

MC

Definitely do the combo trip. I did the train the first time an did just the bus the second time. I enjoyed the bus portion better but glad I had the train experience.

If I had to do it over again - I would have done the combo but it wasn't offered with RCCL on my first trip.

Marie-Claude and Coral -

Thanks for the link to the thread Marie-Claude. And Coral - thanks for your input.

Keep the comments coming everyone.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;7;18;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

<Marquee>I'm getting out there - SERENADE OF THE SEAS - July 18, 2004<Marquee>

Hi: I have done both. First trip to Alaska I took the train. Then last year we did Experience the Yukon. Just my opinion but I thought the Experience the Yukon was the best excursion that I have ever taken so far. My hubby enjoyed the train trip but I found the ride up was great but coming back was a little bored. But I think if you go up on the train and come back on the bus you would get the best of both worlds. Hope that helps. Enjoy Alaska.

I agree 100% with mii! I could have written his (her?) same words.

If I never did the train, I would "wonder if I would like it" but after doing the bus and the train separately - I definitely enjoyed the bus more. Though I would advise a first timer to do the combo (best of both worlds).

Archived