?? about Glass Bottom Boat

turtle7178

If you choose the night time tour will you see turtles??

If you choose the day time tour do you see alot?

We do not scuba, and I don't really think we are fans of snorkling so I was looking for another way to see my friends while on vacation!;)

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

turtle7178...We did the glass bottom boat tour about 3 years ago in Bermuda...we did the tour in the morning and we were there in the middle of August...we saw lots of the big sea turtles, had a nice tour of some of the island, but it was extremely hot, especially when they stop the boat to watch for the turtles. If you don't mind that intense heat, the tour was nice and we were glad that we did it, the tour guide on the glass bottom boat was great, he had a good sense of humor and gave us lots of facts about the island, it was interesting. He took the boat over some old wrecks and you could see some of the colorful fish swimming below the boat, he even gave everyone a chance to feed the fish...it was great for the kids...they loved it! Hope that helps you a little bit. :)

If you choose the night time tour will you see turtles??

If you choose the day time tour do you see alot?

We do not scuba, and I don't really think we are fans of snorkling so I was looking for another way to see my friends while on vacation!;)

its extremely rare to see turtles on the night tour. about 1 in 100 i would say. in the daytime, you should see them quite frequently, but you wont see them under the boat. turtles are very shy and will be spotted from a couple hundred feet from the boat. these wild animals and are not fed by people to entice them closer to the boats.

have fun

Which glass bottom boat tour did you take? Did you book through the cruise or on your own?

We booked through the ship and I think we did the tour somewhere around 10 in the morning and as bdaguy stated, the turtles are not right around the boat...you can see them in the distance. The tour operator stopped the boat for a while to watch the turtles once he spotted them. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the tour itself but I know it was right there at the pier when we got off the ship...we only had to walk down a short ways on the pier and the boat was right there. I think it was definitely worth doing, we enjoyed seeing all the turtles.

We took the glass bottom boat tour through the ship (Empress of the Seas) in May. It was OK but we didn't see any of the beautiful tropical fish that we saw on a previous visit. The weather was very windy and the seas were rough so the fish might have retreated to the deeper water. The only fish that we saw were Bermuda Chum (?) and bream (?) which are just big gray fish. The quide was very good and we had fun but the glass bottom experience was a disappointment. We saw no turtles. The reef seemed to be in pretty bad shape with lots of damaged coral and very little color or variety.

Archived