New York Port Directions? Spirit 7/29

Barb C

Part of the family is going on Spirit from Delaware (Newlyweds actually wedding is 7/28). Directions anyone? I'll get the official directions from the NYC Port but I was looking for tips, etc. from anyone who has made the drive recently. Anyone?

Barb C

NJ turnpike, taken EASTERN SPUR exit 16E. Stay RIGHT after you exit the tolls.

Follow 495 EAST to the Lincoln Tunnel. Try to stay in the CENTER tube.

As you exit the tunnel from the CENTER tube STAY LEFT, following signs to 41st Street, West side. At second light, make a left (42nd street) follow as far as you can go to 12th Ave, make a right. Follow Smeyer's directions from there!

IF you can't get into the center tube and you're in the right tube, as you exit the tunnel look for the signs that say WEST SIDE, NORTH. That will put you going west (probably on 34th street), Keep going West until you hit 12th Ave. Make a right to go north. Follow Smeyer's directions from there (to 54th street, make left arrive at ship. Big white thing on the water!, can't miss it).

I just knew someone would answer (Cruise Critic people are the best)....thanks so much!

After you make your left from 54th street does this put you at the cruise terminal where you leave your luggage and THEN park?

I just knew someone would answer (Cruise Critic people are the best)....thanks so much!

After you make your left from 54th street does this put you at the cruise terminal where you leave your luggage and THEN park?

yes you drive up a ramp to the where they will direct you to your ship's drop off point, after you drop off your luggage you drive to end the end of the terminal take a right hand ramp(its says parking) and drive to the roof where you pay, drive to the pier they will have you park, stop and allow your car to be inspected and then park. When you come back, you leave your luggage(with someone watching it) get your car and drive back down the ramp on the other end back into the same area your dropped your luggage off, load you car and off you go.

NJ turnpike, taken EASTERN SPUR exit 16E. Stay RIGHT after you exit the tolls.

Follow 495 EAST to the Lincoln Tunnel. Try to stay in the CENTER tube.

As you exit the tunnel from the CENTER tube STAY LEFT, following signs to 41st Street, West side. At second light, make a left (42nd street) follow as far as you can go to 12th Ave, make a right. Follow Smeyer's directions from there!

IF you can't get into the center tube and you're in the right tube, as you exit the tunnel look for the signs that say WEST SIDE, NORTH. That will put you going west (probably on 34th street), Keep going West until you hit 12th Ave. Make a right to go north. Follow Smeyer's directions from there (to 54th street, make left arrive at ship. Big white thing on the water!, can't miss it).

msescada's directions are on point...but allow me to throw a wrench in there. f you take the CENTER tube...upon exiting you'd want to stay right, which then allows you to quickly go left and under the overpass. (sometimes that that ramp on the right (used 2 ways) might be open.

might be easier to take the RIGHT tube, but stay in the left lane, and then follow signs to West Side North.

POINT OF REFERENCE...when you exit the tunnel the Hudson will be behind you. so no matter what happens you can re-orient yourself if you mess it up...which is easy to fix in manhattan.

PERSONAL NOTE: i just enjoy contributing to people's fun!

Archived