5 Day Bahamas Cruise Questions

uncbossfan

Fiancee and I are looking at the 5 day Bahamas cruise from Jacksonville, FL next April on the Celebration. Anybody been on this boat or trip lately, or know how the weather will be down there in Mid April.

Also, is there anything fun to do in Jacksonville for when we get there the night before?

THANKS!

DH and I just sailed on the 5-day Celebration in May and had a great time. We did the 4-day Celebration twice in 2006, so we must like it:) We live in Florida less than one hour from Jax and April is very pleasant weather-wise. The heat and humidity have not set in yet (as it has now), but it's sunny and warm. Jax has many things to offer, so it just depends upon what you like to do.

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2007, 2007

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean- 2002

Went on her May 5th and loved her. Weather was warm with scant light showers. Rebooked her for this Nov. I understand that she has been sold and another shp will be taking over. No idea of when though.

• 4 weeks later...

We loved our celebration 5 day cruise! It's a very small ship with no atrium and a funny lido deck in some train station theme. The piano player was the worst, sounds like a bad vacay?? nope... great food, excellent relaxation, good band at night, we did a carriage ride, hit the british colonial hilton for the day, walking distance $15pp, great food, higher prices but great food, then hit the straw market and haggled for purses... changed, ate dinner which was wonderful, then hit senior froggies for some people watching, few drinks and fun, then back to the ship.

The ship itself is basic, but we met great people, had the best time and the service and staff were wonderful, would sail her again in a minute.

We were on the 5 night Celebration cruise in May - we loved it - there was some light drizzling rain - nothing to complain about -the seas were really rough - but that was the same for every ship and even people on land vacations..we LOVED Key West - this was our 3rd cruise out of Jacksonville - the 2nd on the Celebration - I wish we were going again right now!!!

DH and I just sailed on the 5-day Celebration in May and had a great time. We did the 4-day Celebration twice in 2006, so we must like it:) We live in Florida less than one hour from Jax and April is very pleasant weather-wise. The heat and humidity have not set in yet (as it has now), but it's sunny and warm. Jax has many things to offer, so it just depends upon what you like to do.

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2007, 2007

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean- 2002

A quick question

Do they have the liquid soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower? They didn't have the soap on the Holiday in March.

Thanks

Archived