Formal night(s) on the Pearl?

texasmary

First time cruiser needs answers...

NCL said they have a formal night on the first night at sea... guess that would be Monday night... and another one to be announced later in the week. Can anyone tell us which night was the second formal night? Kinda wondering because one couple in our party will be celebrating a 50th anniversary that week.

Also, I need help on what attire my husband can get by with. The best thing he has right now is a navy blazer with gray pants or a medium gray suit (not dark). Should we be shopping for something nicer? He doesn't want to rent a tux.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

ALL formal nights on NCL are optional. Dress up if you like; stick with resort casual if that's your preference.

Your DH can absolutely "get by" with a blazer and dress pants. If he wants, Dockers and a polo are fine, too.

Have a great cruise!

Just off the Pearl last Sunday so I got your answer and I'm going to tell it like it is. First off there is not a "Formal" night per se on the Pearl anymore. Gone is the Captain's free liquor party on formal nights. Gone is the dancing in the main theatre to the big band dance music on formal night. Gone is the chance to everyone dress up nicely for "formal" portaits. Gone seeing folks dress up all night on the ship as you stroll around in your formal attire.

They simple call it "Dress Up or Not" night. The word Formal was never mentioned in the Freestyle daily nor did I ever hear that word menitoned.

Now what that means and I had to learn the hard way is the majority and I do mean the way majority did not dress up. They choose the "not". So when you get all fancied up to go to the main dining room to eat your lobster on what use to be formal night meal you will be seated beside T-shirts,faded blue jeans, ball caps (turned backwards on many), flip flops, etc. I made the mistake of thinking a few might show up in a man's full Tux so I brought mine along. Wrong! You know what I went to the bathroom midway through the meal and coming back people were asking me at the door for a table! The only men in full tux that at that time were me and the Marti de'. We both had on black tux with wing collars and black bow ties so I could see the mistaken identity that night. I felt so unneccessary and like a fool for even packing a tux for this ship. That being said if your husband has a Rodney Dangerfield Yellow Sport coat and lime green golf slacks with white cleat shoes (remove the cleats of coarse) he will fit in fine. Anything more than that and you will be grossly over dressed for what many think should be the formal night. Sad but true but with this ship being built with the "Freestyle" in mind they have gone total "freestyle" on pretty much everything including anything formal or "not". The 2nd "Dress up or not" night was Friday.

From the Daily paper everyday including the Dress up night is this:

Dress code:

After 5:30PM no shorts,tank tops or track suits are permitted in any of our resturants except Garden Cafe. And on the Dress Up night was added:

This evening Lobster dish available in all restaurants. What that means if your group book the Mexican resturant that night and somebody in your group said they wanted lobster and would not be joining you as a result then tell them no problem just order your lobster here with a twist of lime and salsa! And I hope future posters here don't use the "F" word anymore concerning the Pearl and I would assume all NCL ships.

Gone is the chance to everyone dress up nicely for "formal" portaits.

This simply isn't true. If you choose to dress up, you most certainly can have formal portraits taken. I've seen plenty of passengers doing so on the optional formal nights.

This simply isn't true. If you choose to dress up, you most certainly can have formal portraits taken. I've seen plenty of passengers doing so on the optional formal nights.

This one is yours, all yours.:D :eek: :D

This one is yours, all yours.:D :eek: :D

What's up? Do you know something I don't?

Listen, I'm the first one to admit it if I'm wrong and I'll apologize for it. In this instance, if the Pearl has done away with the formal portrait-taking, then I'll admit I'm wrong. But as far as I know, NCL still has photographers working the atrium on most nights (not just the optional formal night(s) or whatever they're called it nowadays). And on those nights, any person or group is more than welcome to dress up to their heart's content and have a portrait taken. I'm just recounting the many instances in the past year or two when I have been on NCL ships that there have been plenty of passengers dressed up for picture-taking. Nothing and no one stops them from doing that.

We dressed up for the first formal. In nice pant suits and my son wore a dark suit. There were people in all types of dress, from jeans and baseball caps to gowns and tuxes.

It's odd, because the first night on the ship we ate at Mambos and the maitre de asked my son to remove his cap. I agreed completely...hadn't noticed that he had it on. I was glad she asked him to take it off. But on the formal night there were several people with baseball caps in the Summer Palace and no one asked them to take them off....hhmmm. Not very consistent with the dress code rules apparently. :confused:

We missed the second formal night altogether. Saw lots of peeps with formal attire and was wondering what was going on. :)

The whole formal thing seemed kind of silly. I was thinking it was going to be some kind of gala affair. But we just dressed nice for dinner and then changed back to more comfy clothes after since there was really nothing else to do in our nice duds. No formal dance or anything. Guess I've seen too many movies. :)

there you people going and calling it a "Formal" night. It's "Dress Up or Not" night. So if there really is not a formal night can you really call it a "formal portait"? See what I mean? If you dress up in formals and go to have your picture taken then jolly for you but it ain't on "formal night". No such thing on the Pearl anyway. Sure they still set up on several nights to take photos in front of the fake ships and stuff but what's formal about that? I can go to WalMart dressed up in my Tux any day of week and have that done for $7.99.

And I'll probably get as many stares at WalMart in a Tux as you will on the Pearl if you wear a Tux and fancy gown. But that's not say you can't do it ,just why would you? The Formal atmosphere does not exsist on this ship.

It's gone,gone,gone.

What's up? Do you know something I don't?

Listen, I'm the first one to admit it if I'm wrong and I'll apologize for it. In this instance, if the Pearl has done away with the formal portrait-taking, then I'll admit I'm wrong. But as far as I know, NCL still has photographers working the atrium on most nights (not just the optional formal night(s) or whatever they're called it nowadays). And on those nights, any person or group is more than welcome to dress up to their heart's content and have a portrait taken. I'm just recounting the many instances in the past year or two when I have been on NCL ships that there have been plenty of passengers dressed up for picture-taking. Nothing and no one stops them from doing that.

Sorry if I came across as attacking you, that was the furtherest thing from my post. :) My "response" was toward post number three and I meant you can answer(debate) with the poster. I posted a couple of months ago my preceived percentage of people's dress on the Pearl.

So if there really is not a formal night can you really call it a "formal portait"? See what I mean?

No, I do not see what you mean. You most certainly can call it a formal portrait because that's exactly what it is. If a group dresses up formally and poses for a portrait, then it's a formal portrait. Anyone looking at the photo does not have an inkling that many other passengers were not dressed up. The purpose of a formal portrait is to capture the look of a specific person or group for posterity. If people want to do that, they absolutely can still do that.

Just off the Pearl last Sunday so I got your answer and I'm going to tell it like it is. First off there is not a "Formal" night per se on the Pearl anymore. Gone is the Captain's free liquor party on formal nights. Gone is the dancing in the main theatre to the big band dance music on formal night. Gone is the chance to everyone dress up nicely for "formal" portaits. Gone seeing folks dress up all night on the ship as you stroll around in your formal attire.

They simple call it "Dress Up or Not" night. The word Formal was never mentioned in the Freestyle daily nor did I ever hear that word menitoned.

Now what that means and I had to learn the hard way is the majority and I do mean the way majority did not dress up. They choose the "not". So when you get all fancied up to go to the main dining room to eat your lobster on what use to be formal night meal you will be seated beside T-shirts,faded blue jeans, ball caps (turned backwards on many), flip flops, etc. I made the mistake of thinking a few might show up in a man's full Tux so I brought mine along. Wrong! You know what I went to the bathroom midway through the meal and coming back people were asking me at the door for a table! The only men in full tux that at that time were me and the Marti de'. We both had on black tux with wing collars and black bow ties so I could see the mistaken identity that night. I felt so unneccessary and like a fool for even packing a tux for this ship. That being said if your husband has a Rodney Dangerfield Yellow Sport coat and lime green golf slacks with white cleat shoes (remove the cleats of coarse) he will fit in fine. Anything more than that and you will be grossly over dressed for what many think should be the formal night. Sad but true but with this ship being built with the "Freestyle" in mind they have gone total "freestyle" on pretty much everything including anything formal or "not". The 2nd "Dress up or not" night was Friday.

Have you cruised on NCL before or lately (since the turn of the century)? NCL has been Freestyle for that long. They refered to those nights as "optional formal" nights since at least 2002 and just this year went to the "dress up or not night" name. (which I agree is a silly name!)

Freestyle is about EVERYONES choice. You can dress up if you want....all the way to tuxes. (I have seen tuxes on every one of my NCL cruises.) You can also dress in resort casual every night if you choose. (polo shirts, dockers, kahkis, sneakers, etc.) Some people dress up every day of their lives for work and prefer to dress more comfortably for their vacation. Nothing wrong with that. Personally I don't care what the others around me are wearing as long as they are following the same rules that I have to. I don't think any less of the person next to me just because they are in a suit or tux:D ...frankly I don't care!

Freestyle is about choice and that is what makes it so great! We are looking at cruises for 2008 and unfortunately NCL cruises are not at the top of the list....RCCL is.....and I am extremely distraught that I will have to dress up for 3 nights due to some outdated "formal" dress code. (but I will comply because those are the RULES for all on that curse line.)

As far as formal portraits are concerned, they still take them on NCL cruises and what makes it even better is with Freestyle, you can dress up for your pictures on a non formal night and have less of a wait.

I have never heard of the Captain's Free liquor party or a big band dance night on any NCL cruise. Again, must have been a different line.

Finally, I do have to agree with you on one point....those in ballcaps and t-shirts and other violations of the dress code should have been asked to change. The resort casual dress code is enough and it is a rule and everyone should at least be required to follow the rules. We have had discussions on this board on that very subject and it is the concensus opinion that it is more strictly enforced on some ships than on others. (it also varies from restaurant to restaurant.) It is the common belief that some NCL maitre'd's simply do not want to risk a potential negative confrontation with rule violators (and possible negative review of them on the comment cards) that they choose to look the other way. I do wish that NCL would be consistant and enforce the rules that are in place.

Sorry if I came across as attacking you, that was the furtherest thing from my post. :) My "response" was toward post number three and I meant you can answer(debate) with the poster. I posted a couple of months ago my preceived percentage of people's dress on the Pearl.

No apology necessary. Your post didn't come across as attacking me at all. I was just wondering if you knew something that I didn't. It appears that you did since I haven't had "the pleasure" of reading any of F5Loar's posts before.

NCL said they have a formal night on the first night at sea... guess that would be Monday night... and another one to be announced later in the week. Can anyone tell us which night was the second formal night? Kinda wondering because one couple in our party will be celebrating a 50th anniversary that week.

Also, I need help on what attire my husband can get by with. The best thing he has right now is a navy blazer with gray pants or a medium gray suit (not dark). Should we be shopping for something nicer? He doesn't want to rent a tux.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

As johnql has said, all formal nights on all NCL ships are OPTIONAL. You can dress up if you want OR you can choose to dress resort casual. On the average, only about 40% of the passengers will dress up on the first formal night (and that will range from tuxes all the way down to just a shirt and tie.), and even less the second optional formal night. Resort casual simply means no t-shirts, swimwear or shorts in the dining rooms after 5:00 p.m.. Polo shirts and kahkis are perfectly acceptable in all restaurants at all times.

Freestyle means to dress as you want! If you want to dress up...then go for it, if you want to be more relaxed, go for it. The choice is yours!

The good thing about Freestyle also applys to the anniversary you are celebrating. If that anniversary dinner does not hit one of the designated "dress up or not nights" aka "optional formal," then you simply dress up for your big event on the day you want! The joy of freestyle....to dress as you want, WHEN you want! The photographers will be set up in the main lobby each night for photos and the lines seem to be shorter on the nights when it is not optional formal.

My parents will be celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary on the July 15 Pearl cruise, so congrats to the lucky couple. Have a great cruise.

On previous (non NCL) cruises, my Beloved wore his tux. which, purchased online, was a lot cheaper/less expensive than his suit (aw geez, "cheaper" sounds like both pieces of apparel were crap, while "less expensive" sounds snottily overweening). Anyway, since I have a thing for men in tuxes *flutter*, it broke my heart when we dressed down (no tiera for me..) on the Pearl last month.

But, sans cumberbun, he digested his meal much better (could it be 'cause the tux was "cheaper"?...).

So, for us, it was *semi*-formal night...appropriate for us since we had the *mini* suite.

Janet

I was only answering the original poster's question about her needed to shop for husband as he only had a navy sport coat with gray pants. Sure I've cruised NCL and all the others. NCL has had the Freestyle for over a decade now but when they first went to freestyle they only had 2 main dining rooms.

Ships were not built to accommadate the flow and as they build new ones like the Pearl they are built with the freestyle choice in mind. My beef about this mess is everyone here keeps calling it a formal night. NCL does not call it formal night on the Pearl or they did not last week when I was on it. I can't speak for other ships in the fleet since I've only sailed on the older NCL ships that were retrofitted to freestyle flow. And yes you can get dressed up but unless you go full tilt wing collars, patten leather shoes and your lady is in full formal gown you are not dress formally. A coat and tie, a suit and tie or cocktail dress is not formal by social standards. I wore a full tilt tux last week and felt like a red-haired, mix-breed, stepchild at a family reunion. The term "dress up" to the people I was with last week meant pull out your clean T-shirt with nothing printed on the front, back only. Sure it's great they have gone to this as the majority was doing it anyway before they dropped the word "formal". The original poster obviously being a first timer heard from NCL (wrong person to ask about an NCL cruise) that there is 2 Formal nights. She will get a straight answer her from people that have been there and done that. Last week is pretty current.

Even the toll-free information girls don't know about the change so it appears if they are still calling it formal night for the Pearl. Yes this was the first time I have seen the term "Dress Up or Not" night and the formal word never used on the ship. I recall the free liquor on formal night on the Majesty a few years ago. After 28 cruises my memory could be fading on such details as free liquor but I do know the majority of the lines still do that.

You meet and greet, shake hands with the Captian and high up crew through a line going into the big theatre and then they walk around with cheap watered down drinks and appetizers for all that come. A band or piano player is on stage and those that want to ballroom dance may do so. But on the Pearl we were not even allowed to shake the Captain or his crews hands even in passing. It was posted in the Freestyle Daily to not expect a handshake from them. Cruising is changing year by year, ship by ship and I didn't want the original poster to feel she needed to go out and spend a $100 for a formal night that won't be there and to go and eat beside grown men with T-shirts and Dale Earnhardt ball caps turned backwards on. If you want Formal on the Pearl better book the Villas and stay up there and have your butler bring your meals as you walk out on your huge balcony dress to the nines. Maybe your other Villa guests will notice but if you go down to one of the 10 resturants on "Dress Up or Not" night don't expect to feel like you are at a formal event on a cruise ship because you ain't. I don't care how many dozens decide to do it the days are coming soon that no one will bother to even put on a tie for dress up night. I've seen a continued deterioration of this "formal" issue for over 15 years now and NCL has stepped up to bat and paved the way for others to soon follow that they cannot and will not force their customers to dress up when they don't want to. Even HAL and Celebrity has dropped the "Dark Suit" issue on their Formal nights. Just any old sport coat and tie will work now. And still on those ships you will always have those few that still don't get it and show up in their polo shirts and they will be seated. No need to sugar coat this thing to newbies.

The stiff shirt days of cruising are coming to an end and I hate it as much as anyone. I 've got 3 full Tux outfits and cruising was the only time I got to wear them as I don't get many invitations to "black tie" affairs.

May the games begin!

The last time I recall "big band" dancing on formal nights on an NCL ship was in the International Ballroom on the Norway (we haven't sailed her since either 2000-01 and of course she is no more). On HAL formal night is taken very seriously with the expectation on the part of pax (and strong suggestion by the cruise line daily bulletin) that you keep on your formal attire for the entire evening (some HAL pax love it, some HAL pax hate it and they are even now experimenting with "as you wish" dining options (sorta/kinda freestyle as far as time is concerned).

On both our last two HAL cruises and our most recent Pearl, there were pax who wore evening attire some nights (tuxes (my DH included), dark suits, etc) and then (on HAL) other pax who even on their traditional "formal nights" opted to eat in the Lido so that they would NOT have to wear formal wear.

Walking around the decks on the Pearl on one of the "dress up or not" nights, we saw quite a few dressed to the nines (on all deck levels, exiting from inside staterooms, balcony staterooms, courtyard suites) so I don't see the connection as indicated above: "If you want Formal on the Pearl better book the Villas and stay up there and have your butler bring your meals as you walk out on your huge balcony dress to the nines. Maybe your other Villa guests will notice but if you go down to one of the 10 resturants on "Dress Up or Not" night don't expect to feel like you are at a formal event on a cruise ship because you ain't."

Maybe due to the fact that we were on a caribbean 9 day, we saw more people who dressed up than others may have noticed on the Alaskan route? Who knows - better yet who really cares?

Tux/no tux, formal evening wear for me/no formal evening wear for me - the choices are OURS to make.

OK - I'm off my soapbox now:o - I usually stay FAR away from dress code threads because they do tend to become somewhat contentious but this one I had to add MHO to............

A side note to F5Loar - we were in a CY villa and believe me, my fellow deck 14 pax were no better or worse dressed than anyone else on board! Our friends in the A2 dressed just as nicely (or not) as pax that we met that were in an inside cabin.........I just didn't get your comments at all! Talk about generalization.

NCL has had the Freestyle for over a decade now but when they first went to freestyle they only had 2 main dining rooms.

For the record, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, NCL did not introduce Freestyle until either late 2000 or early 2001. Certainly not over a decade.

And yes you can get dressed up but unless you go full tilt wing collars, patten leather shoes and your lady is in full formal gown you are not dress formally.

Baloney. A man can be dressed "formally" without wearing a wing-collared shirt. Why must people get so carried away with how only THEY know what is proper? Does it make them feel important or superior in some way?

The relevant question is: Just what is there about a mass-market cruise that calls for wearing a tuxedo with a "wing-collared" shirt? The answer is absolutely nothing. The night before or the night after a so-called "formal night" everyone goes to the same dining room and has the same food served by the same wait staff and they wear slacks and a shirt. Then they go to the same theater and see a show like any other show. Does anyone wear a tuxedo and "wing-collared" shirt to see A Chorus Line on Broadway? Then why wear one to see the Jean Ann Ryan singers and dancers on a mass-market cruise?

The whole business is a charade intended to dupe those who don't know any better. Thankfully, NCL has given up on this nonsense, and it would be nice if people here would stop whining over it.

Baloney. A man can be dressed "formally" without wearing a wing-collared shirt. Why must people get so carried away with how only THEY know what is proper? Does it make them feel important or superior in some way?

The relevant question is: Just what is there about a mass-market cruise that calls for wearing a tuxedo with a "wing-collared" shirt? The answer is absolutely nothing. The night before or the night after a so-called "formal night" everyone goes to the same dining room and has the same food served by the same wait staff and they wear slacks and a shirt. Then they go to the same theater and see a show like any other show. Does anyone wear a tuxedo and "wing-collared" shirt to see A Chorus Line on Broadway? Then why wear one to see the Jean Ann Ryan singers and dancers on a mass-market cruise?

The whole business is a charade intended to dupe those who don't know any better. Thankfully, NCL has given up on this nonsense, and it would be nice if people here would stop whining over it.

Well written hotspur.

When do most Americans wear formal clothes?

Operas or Symphonies? Yes.

Popular Music Concerts? No

Opening Night of a Broadway Show? Yes.

Any other night? No.

Movie Premeres? Yes.

Movie at your local theatre? No.

Oscars Presentations? Yes.

Technical Presentations? No.

Weddings? Yes.

Funerals? No.

Church on Sunday? No.

Senior Ball? Yes.

Friday Night Dance Party? No.

Vacations? No!

I fail to see what is so special about taking a cruise ship to swim or snorkle at a beach in the Caribbean, Or be a tourist at many historical sites and museums, Or just cruise on a ship for a week. Would you wear a tux for dinner on the plane if you flew to the Caribbean?

As johnql has said, all formal nights on all NCL ships are OPTIONAL. You can dress up if you want OR you can choose to dress resort casual. On the average, only about 40% of the passengers will dress up on the first formal night (and that will range from tuxes all the way down to just a shirt and tie.), and even less the second optional formal night. Resort casual simply means no t-shirts, swimwear or shorts in the dining rooms after 5:00 p.m.. Polo shirts and kahkis are perfectly acceptable in all restaurants at all times.

Freestyle means to dress as you want! If you want to dress up...then go for it, if you want to be more relaxed, go for it. The choice is yours!

The good thing about Freestyle also applys to the anniversary you are celebrating. If that anniversary dinner does not hit one of the designated "dress up or not nights" aka "optional formal," then you simply dress up for your big event on the day you want! The joy of freestyle....to dress as you want, WHEN you want! The photographers will be set up in the main lobby each night for photos and the lines seem to be shorter on the nights when it is not optional formal.

My parents will be celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary on the July 15 Pearl cruise, so congrats to the lucky couple. Have a great cruise.

" On the average only about 40% of the passengers will dress up on the first formal night......."

" Never go on a cruise with statisticians.........." San Francisco Chronicle Sunday May 27, 2007.

:) :)

First time cruiser needs answers...

Thanks in advance for your help. :)[/quote

You will see resort casual, jacket and tie, black tie and evening dress and of course the non believers who think they are in there local bar. Remember " We do not allow jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops bare feet ect in any of the dining rooms during the evening " this is clearly set out the latest NCL website. Think the second formal night should be the Saturday, you will have ample time to plan, personally I would check with the front desk as soon as you are settled and don't forget to mention it is a 50th. Have a a great cruise ! :) :)

We dressed up for the first formal. In nice pant suits and my son wore a dark suit. There were people in all types of dress, from jeans and baseball caps to gowns and tuxes.

It's odd, because the first night on the ship we ate at Mambos and the maitre de asked my son to remove his cap. I agreed completely...hadn't noticed that he had it on. I was glad she asked him to take it off. But on the formal night there were several people with baseball caps in the Summer Palace and no one asked them to take them off....hhmmm. Not very consistent with the dress code rules apparently. :confused:

We missed the second formal night altogether. Saw lots of peeps with formal attire and was wondering what was going on. :)

The whole formal thing seemed kind of silly. I was thinking it was going to be some kind of gala affair. But we just dressed nice for dinner and then changed back to more comfy clothes after since there was really nothing else to do in our nice duds. No formal dance or anything. Guess I've seen too many movies. :)

Hi 3 Beagles,

please permit me to go off-topic for just a second; I'm assuming you are a proud Beagle(s) owner? We have a Beagle pup, Baxter, 1 1/2 years old, the absolute joy of our lives (no kids obviously).

Okay, back on-topic. This will be our 2nd cruise on NCL. I love the option of dressing up or not. I just take 2 or 3 dresses and IF I feel like "getting spiffy" I certainly can.

Previously, on 2 Celebrity cruises, I schlepped along the formals and all the accessories, that's work! IMO, you can "clean up" and look nice without all the Titanicesque formality:eek: .

Love to the Beagles;)

Romy

Remember " We do not allow jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops bare feet ect in any of the dining rooms during the evening " this is clearly set out the latest NCL website. :) :)

Clearly, Really?

At http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleCruising

Freestyle Attire

One of you wants a little glamour and you-know-who wants to wear khakis. Can this relationship be saved? No problem. Thanks to our policy of, well, no formal policy, you can be elegant one night and casual the next. It's called resort casual and it's a lot more comfortable than wearing a tuxedo.

At http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FAQ#dresscode

What is the dress code in the dinning rooms

Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

Blue Jeans will be allowed in all dining rooms on all Houston departures, due to the Texas culture.

Blue Jeans will be allowed in the Trattoria's in the evenings.

Bermuda shorts with knee high socks, or Scottish kilts with knee highs will also be allowed in all dining rooms in Bermuda as these are considered formal dress in Bermuda.

Hawaiian shirts are allowed with proper slacks in all dining rooms.

Ladies Capri Pants, which are a length between the knee and ankles, are acceptable in all fine dining rooms as long as they are not blue jean capris.

At http://164.109.173.140/PDF/WelcomeAboardNCL.pdf

page #6

We do not allow T-shirts, shorts, cutoffs, tank tops, bare feet, etc., in any of the restaurants at dinner. However T-shirts and shorts are permitted in the buffets, trattorias, outdoor barbecues, and all 24-hour venues.

Of the three links, only one mentions no jeans.

Clearly it isn't clear.

Hi 3 Beagles,

please permit me to go off-topic for just a second; I'm assuming you are a proud Beagle(s) owner? We have a Beagle pup, Baxter, 1 1/2 years old, the absolute joy of our lives (no kids obviously).

Love to the Beagles;)

Romy

Hi Romy,

We have 2 Beagles and a yellow Lab that thinks he's a Beagle.:) We actually got the Beagles from a breeder in Colorado Springs...I see you're from Denver. They're litter mates. We absolutely love them! We do have kids and I think they might be jealous of the attention we give our dogs.:D

I second "Love to the Beagles" !!!

Archived