Postcards Posted in St Petersburg

Guest Anorak33

Guest Anorak33

Hi all, because we were stupid and did not get our Russian visas before we went to Russia on the Braemar recently we couldn't go ashore to post our postcards ourselves and had to give our postcards to the Reception Desk on Braemar.

They charged us 55p per postcard postage and said that the ships agent in St Pete would post them.

Well, its about a month now and no one has received their postcards.

One of our shipmates emailed us yesterday and said she was in the same situation.

Now is the Russian post that slow, or has something gone wrong? Anyone know or have an opinion or the same experience?

We have never had a visa for St. Petersburg as this is not a city to be wandering around unacompanied. But if you book a tour you don't need one.

Looks like the poscards are lost.

David.

Guest Anorak33

Mufi, I cannot agree with you on this, but this has all been covered in another thread so I won't go over much old ground again except to say that a visa is easy and cheap to obtain, the organised tours are very hurried and you don't get enough free time to have a wander about, I don't think St Pete is more dangerous than London, and that you can't even go ashore at will to post your postcards or buy from a souvenir stall a hundred yards from the ship if you don't have a visa.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived