Caribbean Princess - Just booked it, what should I know!

DiazLoves2Cruise

First of all, being you're from NJ, It will be a pleasure sailing out of NY.

The CB is a wonderful ship.

You picked a good one.

The food was excellent, enjoyed all the shows, and the staff was outstanding.

If you like Seafood, go to the Seafood Extravaganza on the Sailaway night. Fantastic! Yum!

Don't pack towels, they give them to you. Ask for doubles. One for excursions and the other for lounging by the pool. The CS will place them on top of the closet area.

Enjoy your cruise.

Congratulations! You are going to love the CB. She is a beautiful ship. We are sailing on her for the second time on June 4, 2008 from NYC. I can't wait. A few things to know...

~ All the pools are fresh water! So nice!

~ Once you get onboard, find the reservations table for the speciality places. They fill up fast and it's nice to get it out of the way.

~ If you go to the Lido deck and walk all the way to the front of the ship, there will be a door. Go through the door and you will be on top of the bridge on a nice deck area. Great place to watch the ship pulling into or out of port.

~ If you drink a lot of soda, invest in the soda card. We did the math last time we sailed and I think if you drink 3 soda a day, you break even. This was a must for us as DH does not drink alcohol.

~ The buffets at Cafe Caribe and the Horizon Court are not the same. Make sure you check each one out before you make your decision.

~ Free ice cream is offered each day in the HC from 3:30 - 4:30 pm. They do not advertise this but it is offered. Otherwise you will have to wait until dinner or buy it at Scoops.

That is all I can think of right now. I know you will have a fantastic time on this ship. It is one of my favorites!

:)

I'm thrilled to say I just booked my first cruise on Caribbean Princess. What can I expect and what shouldn't I miss. I'll be sailing on the July 1, 2008 sailing out of NYC.

You don't say where you are sailing to, but,

Don't miss:

Comedians Sarge & Steve Moris, if they are on-board - Hilarious

Bert Stratton, if he's back on board by then - great sing-along entertainment.

Afternoon Tea, served every afternoon 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm - A British Tradition

Sterling Steakhouse or Sabatinis's Itallian Restaurant - both cost extra but a little indulgence will do you no harm.

These are just off the top of my head, but without knowing your dining arrangements, itinerary, it's hard to give you advice except that the CB is a beautiful ship - just explore and enjoy!

Congratulations! You are going to love the CB. She is a beautiful ship. We are sailing on her for the second time on June 4, 2008 from NYC. I can't wait. A few things to know...

~ All the pools are fresh water! So nice!

~ Once you get onboard, find the reservations table for the speciality places. They fill up fast and it's nice to get it out of the way.

~ If you go to the Lido deck and walk all the way to the front of the ship, there will be a door. Go through the door and you will be on top of the bridge on a nice deck area. Great place to watch the ship pulling into or out of port.

~ If you drink a lot of soda, invest in the soda card. We did the math last time we sailed and I think if you drink 3 soda a day, you break even. This was a must for us as DH does not drink alcohol.

~ The buffets at Cafe Caribe and the Horizon Court are not the same. Make sure you check each one out before you make your decision.

~ Free ice cream is offered each day in the HC from 3:30 - 4:30 pm. They do not advertise this but it is offered. Otherwise you will have to wait until dinner or buy it at Scoops.

That is all I can think of right now. I know you will have a fantastic time on this ship. It is one of my favorites!

:)

We are doing our second cruise on this ship on May 26th...:) Expect all these sailings to be full. This is the only Princess ship sailing to the carribean, spring and summer 2008. Can't wait.:)

Is the Caribbean Princess a lot like the Crown Princess? We're sailing Crown next month and considering a Caribbean for another time. The pictures that I've seen of both are similar. True?

Is the Caribbean Princess a lot like the Crown Princess? We're sailing Crown next month and considering a Caribbean for another time. The pictures that I've seen of both are similar. True?

From what I have read, true. :)

I'm thrilled to say I just booked my first cruise on Caribbean Princess. What can I expect and what shouldn't I miss. I'll be sailing on the July 1, 2008 sailing out of NYC.

If you want to be close to the water but still have some solitude, there is a outside area on the promenade level circling the ship, that offers shade and some better loungers than are on the sun decks. A great place to relax, read a book, and still be outside with a great ocean view.

We've also just booked our first voyage on the Caribbean Princess. It will be our fifth on Princess, having previously sailed the Dawn, Grand, Golden, and Crown (in 75 days). Our Caribbean Princess sailing is March 2008 out of FLL.

We know what to expect sailing out of FLL (including where to stay) but we really like trying the different Princess ships. And we "scored" one of the prized aft balconies on Caribe Deck for our Caribbean Princess trip...gotta try it!

The Crown looks similar to it's sister ship CB, but with a little different layout. More dining options, and an extra deck.

The Crown, so far, is my favorite.

You will enjoy your Crown Cruise.

And we "scored" one of the prized aft balconies on Caribe Deck for our Caribbean Princess trip...gotta try it!

I've heard that the Caribe aft balcony rooms have a larger balcony. We'll be in one of these staterooms on our CB sailing this July. Besides a larger balcony, is there anything else that makes these rooms so desirable?

Thanks!

I've heard that the Caribe aft balcony rooms have a larger balcony. We'll be in one of these staterooms on our CB sailing this July. Besides a larger balcony, is there anything else that makes these rooms so desirable?

Thanks!

No...just the size of the balcony. All the balconies on the Caribe deck are huge. Almost double the size of the regular balconies. The layout of the room is the same as other balcony staterooms. The balcony is why you pay more. IMO, it's the best deck to be on.

MUTS !!!!!!!(movies under the stars), the Tina Turner One Last Time Concert !!!! Awesome ! If your a football fan they do Monday night football also! Like a co-worker told me about her CB experience........for 7 days, no body told me no ! Sit back, relax and have a great time.

My husband and I went on the Caribbean Princess for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time! We are big movie fans so the Movies Under the Stars was what we were going for. It was also nice during the day to have movies playing!!

The only problem we had with the Movies Under the Stars was that we missed 2 nights because we had the late dinner seating and wouldn't get done eating until after 10:15 some nights. I couldn't pass up the "Love Boat Delight" for dessert!!! :) If you didn't get up to the movie early, you wouldn't get a seat.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

My fiance will be sailing on the CP May 26th, 2008. I also can't wait for Movies Under the Stars as we are HUGE movie fans (have a collection of about 1,000).

I've been on Princess CL before, but this will be my fiance's first time. We're also looking into booking our wedding/honeymoon onboard a Princess ship!

Warning! Stay away from Sabattini's!!!! It will definitely cause you to gain weight!!!!!

Just kidding, it was one of the highlights of our cruise. Can't wait to get back aboard and do it all again!

CB is a great ship and hope you have an excellent time.

Thanks!

What makes them desirable to DH and I is the quiet. Since these cabins are at the very back of the ship, on Caribe and at the end of the corridor, we know "the pitter-patter of Spring Break feet" will not be heard outside our cabin door.

Bless you for that nice comment! Steve

Don't miss:

Comedians Sarge & Steve Moris, if they are on-board - Hilarious

Bert Stratton, if he's back on board by then - great sing-along entertainment.

Afternoon Tea, served every afternoon 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm - A British Tradition

Sterling Steakhouse or Sabatinis's Itallian Restaurant - both cost extra but a little indulgence will do you no harm.

These are just off the top of my head, but without knowing your dining arrangements, itinerary, it's hard to give you advice except that the CB is a beautiful ship - just explore and enjoy!

The Crown looks similar to it's sister ship CB, but with a little different layout. More dining options, and an extra deck.

The Crown, so far, is my favorite.

You will enjoy your Crown Cruise.

I'm pretty sure the Crown and the CB have the same amount of decks. The CB was the first Grand class ship with the Riviera deck added.

Bill

Archived