Booking Cruise While Onboard

Shawski

My husband and I will be on Voyager next month for a Baltic cruise and we were thinking of booking our cruise for 2008 while onboard. Are there any advantages (or disadvantages) to booking while onboard, or are we better off just booking through our TA here at home?

You get an on board booking discount for booking on board. It used to be a flat 5%. Now I hear they are offering a fixed amount based on your itinerary and your cabin price. So DO book on board. If you change your mind about the itinerary, the discount will move once to your alternative Regent itinerary. Regent will notify your travel agent and that agent will be credited as if he/she did the booking.

Patrick

Veteran cruisers tend to book onboard, hence the long lines at times. We do keep the onboard consultant busy. By the way, they do keep tabs of their onboard bookings so are usually enthusiastic in assisting you. I'm sure production is monitored as it is for any sales job. They are also aware of the role that your home TA plays and view it as a cooperative effort. So rest assured that there is no downside to booking while onboard.

I have usually made up my mind about future cruises before boarding, and let my TA know that there will be a booking. We sometimes communicate about options, cabin selections, etc.

There are some glitches in case you cancel later, but my TA works hard to make sure that we optimize the benefit.

There is something wonderful about leaving the ship thinking about your next cruise.

JoAnne B

Archived