Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

mojo2rusty

• 4 weeks later...

We were there in Feb., and it's probably the prettiest island we've ever been to. The sand is like white cake flour, and the water is as blue as blue can be.

You'll tender to the island from the ship, and it's bascially a beach day. There will be a BBQ (it's free) and you can rent a cabana (do this in advance, because they will all be snapped up), a clam shell...or just lounge on the beach on one of the many lounge chairs. There are also a variety of other water activities you can purchase.

They have some shopping, but not much. In the one larger shop, you can charge things to your ship account, but there are a few stalls that you will need to pay cash for your purchases (t-shirts, hair braiding, etc.). There's a bar, and you will be able to use your ship card there.

It's a private island, so you won't be able to find any excursions outside of the ones that are offered by the ship. It's really a great place to relax.

:D I absoultly loved this island! Its nice because there are no locals to offend. The entire island is yours to do whatever you want. Personally I did the jet ski excursion and the kayak excursion. The jet ski wasnt exactly as they described but the kayak was awesome!

My mom and myself are stopping at this island on our carnival cruise. I know that we tender into this island. My question is this:

once on the island, how easily accessable is the beach? The excursions offered via the cruise line don't offer alot of lengthy beach activities.

Could anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance !!

My mom and myself are stopping at this island on our carnival cruise. I know that we tender into this island. My question is this:

once on the island, how easily accessable is the beach? The excursions offered via the cruise line don't offer alot of lengthy beach activities.

Could anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance !!

Once you get off the tender you are there. Just a couple of minutes walk through the small commercial area and you are on the beach.:) :D :) :D

Once you get off the tender you are there. Just a couple of minutes walk through the small commercial area and you are on the beach.:) :D :) :D

Thats great...looking forward to this island, i hear so many wonderful things about this port.

So i take it basically there is just one huge main beach?

Thats great...looking forward to this island, i hear so many wonderful things about this port.

So i take it basically there is just one huge main beach?

Yes, there are a few trails you can walk, a separate beach volleyball area. You can rent bikes and go on a paved trail system, a lagoon. Its not really a port. It is a private island.:) :D :) :D

I'm looking into doing the kayak excursion via HA. I think i read somewhere that rather doing their guided excursion you could also rent a kayak and go off on your own.

Can someone give me some more info on this? I'd love to hear more about the kayak excursion as well. Was it worth the price? How long etc?

Thanks!

I did the water thing. There's a large beach area roped off from the deep areas. It's mainly sand but on the far left along a rock ledge you'll find some nice fish (I even saw a small sea horse). If you don't have snorkel equipment or need a life vest there's a watersport's shack right on the beach). I also did the snorkel cruise which was really nice. They went left out of the tender channel, away from the beach, about 10 minutes to the other side of the island where we snorkled in about 15 ft. (3m.) of water with lots of fish to see. Also when it comes to eating, the b-b-q area has covered shelters inland so you can eat out of the sun. They also had free water and iced tea with sodas for a fee (ship's card for purchase, no cash).

Randall

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking into doing the kayak excursion via HA. I think i read somewhere that rather doing their guided excursion you could also rent a kayak and go off on your own.

Can someone give me some more info on this? I'd love to hear more about the kayak excursion as well. Was it worth the price? How long etc?

Thanks!

I did the kayak excursion about a year ago. I believe it was 30-40$ per person and with that we had 2 guides to tell us about the island. I really enjoyed this. I dont know if you can rent them on your own. I didnt see anyone else in kayaks where we were. We also stopped at a couple of places to look at the sea stars. I really enjoyed it! (im going to try and attach pics... )

ok that didnt work. ill try and email you some then

Archived