Limo in Rome

Has anyone toured with Limo in Rome recently? We’re booked with him for Rome, but my searches have yielded scant few reviews from this season. I know that there are companies with similar names, but I’m specifically looking for info on Limo in Rome, either with Claudio as the driver or one of his staff.

Thanks.:)

Terry

We've got him booked for Florence and Rome, then the part of our group sailing on Voyager of the Seas have him booked for Naples too.

So while we haven't used him yet, I'd like to think I did my homework on this and other sites and didn't find anything to dissuade me from booking him (though the same could be said for a couple of other companies I was considering too).

I've been satisfied with the quality of his communications, though it is always somewhat difficult when "talking" to someone whose first language isn't the same as your own (though his English is better than my command of any of the foreign languages I routinely hack to bits), and he's gotten back to me quickly and with the information I've requested of him.

If this is a quantifier for the level of professionalism we'll get in coordinating our tours, then I think we'll be more than happy.

We are using them for tours from Livorno and also Rome. The smaller tour company we are using in Naples--ApTours-- refers their clients to LimoinRome for other places. We've been very satisfied from the resposnes we have received from them.

We are also using AP Tours in Naples, but as my original post says, can't seem to find anyone who has actually used LIR this year. Perhaps they don't visit these boards after their cruise is completed (true of me - why not them);)

My group of 12 is using Limo in Rome next week for our Brilliance of the Seas cruise. I scheduled 3 ports with Claudio's drivers and guides (Florence, Naples (Pompeii & Amalfi Coast) and Rome. In 2 ports he is using a minibus for us so that we can all be together in one vehicle. I have been very happy with his communications and that he does not require a deposit or credit card to reserve his services. I did email a cruiser from earlier in the season who used him for their group tours. They were very happy with the drivers and vehicles. They were a little disappointed in the lack of knowledge of some of the drivers since they did not hire official tour guides. Make sure you realize the difference between a driver guide and an official tour guide, and reserve according to your needs.

I will be happy to post my experiences here when we get back, but that will be too late for you since you will be on your cruise then. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
My group of 12 is using Limo in Rome next week for our Brilliance of the Seas cruise. I scheduled 3 ports with Claudio's drivers and guides (Florence, Naples (Pompeii & Amalfi Coast) and Rome. In 2 ports he is using a minibus for us so that we can all be together in one vehicle. I have been very happy with his communications and that he does not require a deposit or credit card to reserve his services. I did email a cruiser from earlier in the season who used him for their group tours. They were very happy with the drivers and vehicles. They were a little disappointed in the lack of knowledge of some of the drivers since they did not hire official tour guides. Make sure you realize the difference between a driver guide and an official tour guide, and reserve according to your needs.

I will be happy to post my experiences here when we get back, but that will be too late for you since you will be on your cruise then. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sue

We are back from our cruise on Brilliance. I wanted to let everyone know that the three shore excursions that were arranged by Claudio from Limo in Rome, were all excellent. We were picked up promptly in all ports, were transported in nice air conditioned vehicles, and had excellent guides and drivers everywhere. We were a group of 12 and had a minibus in Naples and Rome, and 2 minivans in Florence. Our experiences were so great in part because we had full tour guides in each location, not just drivers. I highly recommend spending the extra money for tour guides.

We're booked with Limo In Rome in October for Naples, Livorno, and Rome. I read good things about them here before booking.

My experience corresponding with Claudio has been the same as every one else here said - easy to understand, prompt, and courteous.

I'm looking forward to our time with them.

I have booked tours in Rome and Florence. In Florence the company will reserve tickets for the museums, but not in Rome. I need to know how to reserve tickets or buy them before we go for the Vatican museum. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

We booked with Claudio for two separate tours and we weren't disappointed. When we go back, we will definitely book with him again. He is very professional, organized, knowledgeable and took us where we wanted to go. You won't go wrong with Claudio. You will also be able to bypass all the long lines every place you go. He has the tickets, and takes you right to the front of the line.

We were in a group of eight and met on cruise critic.

Jackie

Archived