Online Petition - A Holiday Cruise on a Carnival Ship from NYC in 2009

I will go back to my original point which is logistics. I am not a neigh sayer. Just looking at it from the point of CCL.

To do a 12 to 14 night cruise out of NYC. they would have to use a ship that does a 6 night/8 night cruise or a 7 night cruise. The ship has to take people from a warm climate (Miami or FLL) and then disembark them in NYC in the winter to fly home the week before Christmas. Isn't that whan airfares are at their highest....????

Then those that want to do this very expensive cruise ($5000 to $10,000) have to fly to NYC. Then fly back home when the weather can be fubar. Then...CCL has to convince people to fly to NYC to do a repo cruise from NYC (in the middle of winter) for 6/7/or 8 nights and end back up in Miami or FLL.

All I have to say is this...Carnival is the biggest cruise operation in the world because......"They are not stupid"....

It will be much cheaper to hop on a plane ....fly to Miami or FLL and sail.

What would be the point of sailing out of NYC that time of year anyways. So you can spend the first 2 1/2 days inside the ship because it will be to cold to be outside...???????

Go ahead and bust my boys...but if those of you that think this is a good idea.........Seek help quickly.......:eek: :D ;)

Thats my point as well.

Want a laugh??

What if there was a Northeaster blowing up the coast,where would they go instead?To Canada in late December? LOL:D :D

Most likely carnival will have a ship doing year round cruises in dec of 09 in one of the nyc berths.

They are rebuilding the nyc waterfront to add more terminals and berths.

I sincerely doubt they are building them and hoping for cruise ships to drop by:p

So I would expect carnival already has plans in place to put at least one ship doing year round cruises here. I doubt they wish to let rccl and ncl have all the fun.

Carnival Corp already has a similar cruise in place under its HAL brand. Carnival corp is really savvy when it comes to directly competing with their brands, allowing each to carve out their own niche.

Ship: Noordam

Ports of Call: New York, New York;

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands;

Tortola, British Virgin Islands;

St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands;

Roseau, Dominica;

Saint George's, Grenada;

Port of Spain, Trinidad;

Bridgetown, Barbados;

Philipsburg, St. Maarten;

San Juan, Puerto Rico;

New York, New York

2007 Departure Date(s): Dec 22

I LOVE THE NEIGH SAYERS!! No,

And cruising somewhere warm? I do believe the petition indicates that the ship would head to the Caribbean. Not going anywhere cold. Many people want the ability to cruise without flying and, once again THAT IS THE POINT OF A CRUISE FROM NYC.

And might I just add "DAH" :p

Can I say "DUH" right back at you?! Obviously, I know that it is going to the Caribbean, but nearly half of the trip would be sailing in cold weather, getting to and from the Caribbean.

And yes, I choose to live in Chicago, but I have zero sympathy/empathy, whatever you want to call it when I see people saying I wish I had a cruise from X port. And by the way, you can cruise from NYC on NCL, RCCL, etc.

Exactly my thoughts! I want to go somewhere warm on vacation!

That was my original thought too. I've talked to people from other lines who have chosen cruises in the winter out of NYC and Bayonne. Snow storms and cruises just don't go together in my book. :confused:

Most likely carnival will have a ship doing year round cruises in dec of 09 in one of the nyc berths.

They are rebuilding the nyc waterfront to add more terminals and berths.

I sincerely doubt they are building them and hoping for cruise ships to drop by:p

So I would expect carnival already has plans in place to put at least one ship doing year round cruises here. I doubt they wish to let rccl and ncl have all the fun.

This thread isn't about year round cruising out of New York, it is about 1 special cruise on one specific date.

Obviously the OP wants to cruise out of NY, Christmas 2009 and doesn't like the RCI, NCL offerings.

Obviously the OP wants to cruise out of NY, Christmas 2009 and doesn't like the RCI, NCL offerings.

But those are the only options.:rolleyes:

Just like sending a petition to CCL for rides on the space shuttle when in Port Canaveral are also not going to happen. Now if you were sailing a Russian Baltic cruise then there is a small chance then if you have 20 million credit in onboard credit.:D

This thread isn't about year round cruising out of New York, it is about 1 special cruise on one specific date.

Yes, however....if by 2009 carnival has a ship here doing year round cruises, they will most likely have a holiday cruise going out encompassing both christmas and new years :cool: hopefully anyway for the OP.

This petition has resulted from a poll on here. If you would like Carnival Cruise Lines to bring up a ship (hopefully Carnival Splendor, Carnival Freedom or Carnival Liberty) to New York City for a 12 Night Holiday cruise in December, 2009 then please sign the online petition.

Once we get at least 150 signatures I will send it to Carnival

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/12232009/petition.html

I would like to see a carnival ship sail year round from N.Y

• 4 weeks later...
This petition has resulted from a poll on here. If you would like Carnival Cruise Lines to bring up a ship (hopefully Carnival Splendor, Carnival Freedom or Carnival Liberty) to New York City for a 12 Night Holiday cruise in December, 2009 then please sign the online petition.

How about an update?

Hows it working out so far?:rolleyes:

I signed , Canada in december, let's see , Dec/2006 Dec.24/ temp was62 degrees, Dec. 25 the same that was in Nova Scotia, in Ontario about the same, not bad for Canada, I do not know about New York but normally the same as us,take a chance.

sailorwife:)

• 1 month later...

So????????????

How did it work out?:rolleyes:

Hi Joe,

This is a great idea! I would love if Carnival would sail year round from New York. I could sail more often if they did considering the airfare I would save. I can only assume it is because of the weather conditions during the winter that they dont. But hey they sail to places with Hurricanes!

Good luck and I hope it works

Archived