Crocs in the Dining Room?

I wouldn't wear them at all! But that's my personal style. I refuse to wear shoes that my friends two-year old wears. :p

:D:D I'm with you! That and the fact that many styles are unisex makes them more unappealing than the shoes themselves for my personal taste.

I don't think that Crocs would look good in the dining room, unless there was a foot problem where they might need to be worn.

How do you know whether someone is wearing a particular shoe because of a foot problem?

I am under doctor's orders to wear cross trainers. I wear them in places where they are definitely inappropriate, and have gotten many a dirty look from the fashion police. I can hardly explain to every person I meet that I have a good reason for wearing the "wrong thing."

Don't be too judgmental about what people wear. There may be factors you are unaware of. ;)

How do you know whether someone is wearing a particular shoe because of a foot problem?

I am under doctor's orders to wear cross trainers. I wear them in places where they are definitely inappropriate, and have gotten many a dirty look from the fashion police. I can hardly explain to every person I meet that I have a good reason for wearing the "wrong thing."

Don't be too judgmental about what people wear. There may be factors you are unaware of. ;)

I try not to be judgemental. My mom has foot problems so I understand that people need to wear comfortable shoes. :D

I wouldn't wear them at all! But that's my personal style. I refuse to wear shoes that my friends two-year old wears. :p

Then that also means you won't wear flip flops, sandals, ballet flats, mary janes, tennis shows, jogging shoes.......because they are all made for 2 year olds as well :D . gg Get the stilletos out Mickmicki !!!

Whew, what a thread!

I agree with a lot of people and would personally not crocs in the dining room, but probably wouldn't think twice if someone else did.

I think the ballet flats and some of the sandal styles would be a very appropriate choice for someone with foot problems!!!

On a side note, I am interested in some of the newer styles for myself for walking around ports. I already have the Athens, but it is a little wide and I almost wish I would have gotten a size smaller than normal.

Does anyone know if this is true for other styles such as the Sassari or Ithica? Are they true to size? I have a normal width foot.

Thanks! :D

Does anyone know if this is true for other styles such as the Sassari or Ithica? Are they true to size? I have a normal width foot.

Thanks! :D

I wear a size 9 regular and I find with the Sassris I can wear either an 8 or a 9 without noticing a difference.

I think the ballet flats and some of the sandal styles would be a very appropriate choice for someone with foot problems!!!

You'd be wrong, at least in my case. For reasons I won't bore you with, my ankles are permanently wrecked, and I can only wear shoes with stiff ankle support. Flats (including ballet slippers) and sandals do not provide this, and heels are out of the question.

The shoes I wear are the ones that go with my clothes.

So I would have to say, no, I would not wear them in the dining room. I don't own a pair, but the only clothes I think they go with at all are casual day time "play" clothes or gardening clothes.

This is just for me, though, if someone else should choose them, I may notice...but I don't consider myself "fashion police", I'd just notice.

The longer you stay on earth, the less you try to figure people out.:)

I have worn my Crocs at a dinner while on a training for work. Now, picture a wonderful 18th century Chateau, with very luxurious dining rooms, being served gourmet dinner by waiters wearing black suits and white gloves, .... The whole French she-bang it was. And I wore Crocs. And no one noticed.

First of all, the Crocs are a very very light sand-colour. Secondly, I wore long very large pants, so you couldn't see them. Thirdly, I wore very deep cleavage, which drew all the attention ;)

I feel sorry for those who, with all the wonderful wine and food, still had the time to check out the shoes!!

I don't have "medical foot issues", however, due to a previous thrombosis, my feet swell a lot when it's warm, preventing me from wearing normal shoes. Which menas that on my cruise, if my feet are swollen, I will wear my Crocs. I'll compensate once again with that deep cleavage, so that all the attention will be drawn to that ;)

If, of course, fashion police hasn't thrown me overboard by then because of not being formal enough on formal night ;) ;) :)

You'd be wrong, at least in my case. For reasons I won't bore you with, my ankles are permanently wrecked, and I can only wear shoes with stiff ankle support. Flats (including ballet slippers) and sandals do not provide this, and heels are out of the question.

Sorry to hear of your ankle problems! :eek: What type of shoes do you generally go with then? I wouldn't think regular Crocs offer ankle support, do they? I do not have a pair so I don't know.

Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding wearing crocs in the dining room for casual night dinner-maybe with a cute pair of capris or a sundress?

Not unless you have to pick your own salad from the garden before you site down to eat.

RachieLnnn, LOL. Noooooooo, not crocs -- those things make my ankles hurt just to look at them! :eek:

I wear cross-trainers because they're pretty stiff in the heel/ankle area, and on the sides they rise higher than other shoes -- so they act as a brace basically. I also wear prescription orthotics inside the shoes.

My feel look perfectly normal, and the orthotics correct my walk. So if you were to see me, oh, say, in the ship's dining room, you'd have no way of knowing that what looks like a bad fashion choice is actually a medical necessity.

That's why I said up above: Please don't be too critical of people for what they wear on the their feet; there may be alot going on that's not visible to the naked eye!

I love my Crocs!! I was one of those who hated the sight of them and thought that they looked hideous. I avoided them like the plague since they have been on the market. Until now...

I bought a pair of Cleos and I LOVE them! Now, they aren't exactly the kind to wear for all day running around in a theme park, but for the normal daily errands and stuff, they are pretty comfy. And then I broke down and bought a pair of Cotton Candy pink Beach Crocs about 2 months ago. I LOVE my Crocs! I wear them at work on casual Fridays with capris. I am actually on the border of ordering the Sassaris in black. I'm trying to justify the cost...lol...

Now, I wouldn't wear my pink crocs in the dining room. Even if they matched my outfit. I would probably wear the Sassaris or Cleos on casual nights though! It really depends on the outfit.

But I could care less if someone was wearing any kind of Crocs in the dining room! If that's what you want to wear, the so be it. :) I know how comfy the danged things are so I couldn't judge someone for wanting to keep their feet nice and comfortable!

:D:D I'm with you! That and the fact that many styles are unisex makes them more unappealing than the shoes themselves for my personal taste.

You're confusing the Cayman and beach style crocs with all the other styles. The Cleos are not made for a 2 year old nor are they unisex.

One of the problems is that Crocs makes many different styles, but people only thing of the clogs with holes as Crocs. The cleo style and the new high wedged heel style are very attractive and are still called crocs. They are not unisex and definately not garden style shoes.

You're confusing the Cayman and beach style crocs with all the other styles. The Cleos are not made for a 2 year old nor are they unisex.

One of the problems is that Crocs makes many different styles, but people only thing of the clogs with holes as Crocs. The cleo style and the new high wedged heel style are very attractive and are still called crocs. They are not unisex and definately not garden style shoes.

I'd love to see a guy wear Sassaris :D

RachieLnnn, LOL. Noooooooo, not crocs -- those things make my ankles hurt just to look at them! :eek:

I wear cross-trainers because they're pretty stiff in the heel/ankle area, and on the sides they rise higher than other shoes -- so they act as a brace basically. I also wear prescription orthotics inside the shoes.

My feel look perfectly normal, and the orthotics correct my walk. So if you were to see me, oh, say, in the ship's dining room, you'd have no way of knowing that what looks like a bad fashion choice is actually a medical necessity.

That's why I said up above: Please don't be too critical of people for what they wear on the their feet; there may be alot going on that's not visible to the naked eye!

Ahhh see, you can tell I was confused! :D Haha!!! I was thinking... "Crocs don't have ankle support...."

On another note, if I saw a person with trainers on at a fancy occasion, I actually wouldn't think twice about it because I would probably assume there was a reason for it. So I wouldn't worry, just make sure to take care of yourself and have fun! ;)

BTW, my friend got married last year, and her mom has foot problems and wore black trainer-type shoes with a fancy pantsuit. I don't think anyone noticed at ALL. I know I wouldn't have except she pointed it out to me. Otherwise, I am oblivious!

RachieLnnn, LOL! I love the mental picture of cross-trainers at the wedding. I'll keep that in mind when my dd gets married some day!

Really, my cross-trainers seem to get me anyplace I want to go without much controversy-- except cruiseship dining rooms, for some reason. I've decided to go with what works for me, and if others don't like it, that's their problem. I'm going to enjoy the escargot! :p

Archived