Maui questions...

snakelover

We will be in Maui in August. Has anyone been to the Maui Ocean center? If so, is it worth going to? Also, we are thinking about doing the Royal Lahaina Luau. Does anyone know the best place to book it online? So far Expedia has the best price. One more question, we also want to snorkel at Molokini can anyone recommend a company to use? Thanks in advance.:)

The Maui Ocean Center is ok. It's pretty popular, but if you've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium or the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, it does pale in comparison. Personally, I thought it was a bit pricey for what they had.

Ditto. If you have children, then kids might like it. Or you are vacationing in Maui for a couple of weeks and looking for things to do, then it's good. But for cruisers with limitted time, it's not worth it.

We are cruising of POA on July 29th. I booked a Molokini morning cruise with Maui Classic Charters. I believe the price was about $75 per person and includes continental breakfast, snorkel equipment, and BBQ lunch. Another big draw for us is that this company offers SNUBA. The catamaran is also glass bottomed, which sounds pretty cool. Hope this helps. :)

http://www.mauicharters.com/4winds_trip01.html

Archived