Dry Cleaning and Laundry

Okay, I'm sure this has been addressed before but here goes....I am packing for our trip today...my dd is bringing her wonderful satin evening dress for one of the formals...I already see that the bottom is wrinkled...can I safely get it pressed onboard? I have never traveled with this fabric before...thanks:)

Like Madforcruising, we haven't had experience with that specific fabric but have had great service from the on board laundry services. We've sent out, including my tux, on each cruise. They do a great job and are quick. Obviously, somebody will come along with a story of how something got ruined. But, that happens at home occasionally too. I wouldn't hesitate to use them if it makes packing quicker/easier.

I'm just going to pack all these nice dresses she wants to wear and send them out to be pressed or steamed onboard...with tens of thousands of pax every year I'm sure they will handle it for me....I always send out casual clothes on the cruise but felt a little leary of the nicer things....I'll wing it and let everyone know what happens....................

Okay, I'm sure this has been addressed before but here goes....I am packing for our trip today...my dd is bringing her wonderful satin evening dress for one of the formals...I already see that the bottom is wrinkled...can I safely get it pressed onboard? I have never traveled with this fabric before...thanks:)

Sure,

send it to be pressed , on the 1 st evening you get on board, very reasonable, that is what I do with mine

I can't remember ever packing satin before...but for the record, I generally have the ship's laundry dry clean and/or press all my formal clothes. As has been said above, it is reasonably priced, and if I did them at home they would get wrinkled in transit anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for dry cleaning or pressing? If I were to call on the first night do you think it would be busy?

I'm going to be on the AOS from San Juan next year, and I'm sure all my dresses and pants will be wrinkled.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for dry cleaning or pressing? If I were to call on the first night do you think it would be busy?

I'm going to be on the AOS from San Juan next year, and I'm sure all my dresses and pants will be wrinkled.

Typically, if you call for the laundry service at night, you'll have your clothes back by 5:00 p.m. the next day... at least I think that's what I remember from our last cruises...

I always send out DH's suit/tux and shirts along with my formal dresses to be pressed when we get on board. Never had a problem with it not coming back by the next day and always excellent service.

D :)

Typically, if you call for the laundry service at night, you'll have your clothes back by 5:00 p.m. the next day... at least I think that's what I remember from our last cruises...

I always send out DH's suit/tux and shirts along with my formal dresses to be pressed when we get on board. Never had a problem with it not coming back by the next day and always excellent service.

D :)

We just alert our cabin steward as he/she comes by to greet us that we have laundry to send out as soon as luggage arrives. We get it out before dinner on first night, it's always been back by next afternoon. System has worked great so far. Will be packing and doing the very same thing next week. Makes it all a lot more sane for us.

We had to send all our evening clothes out when we were on the Mariner because they had sat in a suitcase in a hot trunk for 5 days while we were at Disney. Everything came back looking great. My only gripe would be that for formal clothes there wasn't an option to just have them pressed...they had to be dry cleaned. The clothes weren't dirty, just VERY wrinkled.

Archived