Vancouver or Victoria ?

Thanks.I didn't realize that the ferry terminals were far away. The air service sounds great! Can you make a reccomendation?

Collin

I just came back from vacation to both cities (spent a week in Vancouver and a week in Victoria). We took Harbour Air from Vancouver to Victoria. It took a half hour or so and the view was amazing!! :D Here is their website: http://www.harbour-air.com/home/index.php

And I've been there before and taken the ferry. Yes, the cities are far away from the ferry dock. :( It's much easier to fly!! :D

I didn't post it earlier in light of all the renewal going on in Stanley Park but every year the Parks Board provides a free bus around the Park - it has 15 stops - runs every 15 minutes from 10:30AM to 6:30PM until mid September - so if you don't want to walk to the Park from the downtown core take the #19 bus on Pender Street to the Park - bus fare is $2.25 and then use the free bus as a hop on hop off service - if i can find a link I will post it here. The area around Prospect Point is a must rigth now - this is where the most wind damage occurred - there are whole new vistas opening up because of tree damage etc.

Found it - here's the link to the Stanley park shuttle - if you take the #19 to it's end - the free shuttle leaves from there.

http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/stanley/shuttle.htm

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dennis

I must admit that I loved Victoria but it has been many years since I've been there. Plan to go back in the not too distant future.

Now, I have been to Vancouver, B.C. not too long ago, and I absolutely loved it. The most beautiful and liveable city I've ever encountered. We were there 6 days prior to our cruise and we still didn't see everything we wanted to. They have really good transportation, and they have a double decker bus outfit that you can buy a ticket to hop on and off whenever you wish. I think the ticket we bought was for 2 days. It stopped at all the great places (museums, Granville Island, a number of stops in Stanley Park (this has a wonderful aquarium and beautiful gardens everywhere), Canada Place (cruise terminal), Chinatown, Yaletown and alot other places. We took the city bus system to the Horseshoe Bay Ferry and went over to Bowen Island. Gorgeous ferry ride, but Bowen was pretty much private homes and an artist's colony-not really much to do.

Bottom line is I would concentrate on Vancouver. When you have more time, perhaps visit Victoria.:)

Archived