Info? Cranival Costa Maya Town & Beach Break Combo

Dannzzigg

I'm looking for any info folks who may have taken this excursion would like to share...

Is the "journey, safari style" actually an attraction or is it just getting you from point a to point b?

What beach does it take you to?

What is there to do at the beach, and what is the beach like?

...and anything else you'd like to share :)

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not 100% on the name, but I think we just took the excursion your asking about last week.

If it is the one where you get in a large open air bus that looks like a big dune buggy??

If so it was a nice tour.

We got on the bus at the port and drove trough the town with a narrated tour. Our guide was great and funny too.

after you get out of town you drive to the jungle area where your road narrows and one road is very bumpy for a couple of miles.

You will see many people living in one room stick huts and extreme poverty. We also saw many iguanas and a monkey up in a tree.

I dont know the name of the beach but it was a small clean beach area that we shared with people on the 4 wheeler and rhino excursions.

The seas were rough so we were asked not to go in above our thighs. They had 5 hammocks and severla tables with umbrellas and chairs on the beach. also some kayaks and a volley ball area.

There was a large covered building where we were given free sodas, beer and nachos and restrooms nearby. we stayed about 45 minutes. It was 100 degrees so we were glad to be moving again to get a breeze.

we saw where they are building up some of the beach areas now and right next to that was more shacks to live in. NO electricity there, they use generators or solar panels, even at the small hotels.

Then we stopped for some shopping at Mahual (spelling?) a fishing village and back to the ship.

If you just want a nice beach break I would just take a taxi at the port to Mahual and stay there for the day. They have a nice beach and you can rent small boats and water toys, open air massages, food, clean restrooms and lots o f shopping. I think the taxi is about $5 per person one way. you can see the ship from there only a couple of miles from the main port area.

hope this helps you some.

If you want a little more adventure and a short beach break, do the 4x4 rhino excursion and you will be at the same quiet beach but a more exciting way to get there.

Thisis the bus we rode on, is this what you were thinking of??

welcomeaboard009.jpg

tis is the building at the beach where we had refreshments

carnivalcruise166.jpg

hammocks on beach

carnivalcruise165.jpg

our tour guide

carnivalcruise147.jpg

sorry no photos of the beach but my batteries went dead and I didnt have any more with me.

Please ask any questions you want and I will try to answer them for you if I can.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 2 weeks later...

We LOVED this tour. Was absolutely worth every penny. Jungle road with tour guide providing information of the area, then a beach break where we sat in chairs under coconut palms sipping on beer, soda or bottled water provided, then on to shopping in the fishing village Majahul. On the ride out take note of the living conditions of those who live here year round. Also take note of the heavy military presence.

If you get the chance to go on this tour, you will experience the more remote spots of the Costa Maya region.:o

Archived