Queen Mary Suite, QE2 - 8082

rjms74

Hi,

I have just booked the above suite for my last cruise on QE2 next year & would welcome any comments from anyone who has had this suite previously onboard re wardrobe space, size of bathroom - is there a separate shower stall & bidet? & also what sort of views do you get from both the forward deck balcony & bedroom balcony?

Also as long as there are calm seas is much movement felt in this suite?

Kind Regards & many thanks,

RJMS74

I have just booked the above suite for my last cruise on QE2

Richard,

Brings a lump to your throat to read "my last cruise on QE2"

You will no doubt enjoy the perks of being up top at the front;) and what could be a finer way than to end on that note!

Guess we will all find it pretty hard to walk down the gangway for the last time, Suspect l might have to be dragged of either kicking and screaming or heavily sedated when my time comes.

Enjoy the Queen Mary suite, You sure deserve it !!!!

Best Wishes

Myles

(remember, you still owe me a glass of champagne.....;))

Richard,

Brings a lump to your throat to read "my last cruise on QE2"

You will no doubt enjoy the perks of being up top at the front;) and what could be a finer way than to end on that note!

Guess we will all find it pretty hard to walk down the gangway for the last time, Suspect l might have to be dragged of either kicking and screaming or heavily sedated when my time comes.

Enjoy the Queen Mary suite, You sure deserve it !!!!

Best Wishes

Myles

(remember, you still owe me a glass of champagne.....;))

You'll have a walk in wardrobe. Bathroom is identical to Q2. No bidet in 8081, so assume none in 8082.

View forward is fabulous. Make sure you're in that balcony at sailaway - the best place to hear the whistle on the ship is the two forward balconies of 8081 and 8082.

Which trip is it that you are travelling in 8082?

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I have now decided to book a Q2 cabin for my mother & QG single cabin for myself for our trip, as my father is at this moment in time not joining us on this cruise so we decided against the 8081 suite - would still really like to see any photos of the QE suite.

We are are booked on the June 2008 Fjords cruise.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi Matthew,

I have now decided to book a Q2 cabin for my mother & QG single cabin for myself for our trip, as my father is at this moment in time not joining us on this cruise so we decided against the 8081 suite - would still really like to see any photos of the QE suite.

We are are booked on the June 2008 Fjords cruise.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

The fjords - especially Geiranger - make the most of the two forward balconies. Especially when you meet and greet one of those fjord ferries and hear the whistle echo round the fjord.

Having said that, whether it is worth double the fare is another matter......

Matthew

Hi Matthew

My mother is booked in a Q2 cabin so we will no longer have the forward balconies has we booked the Queen Mary suite - this being said she will only travel in a balcony cabin and wants to dine in the Queens Grill - especially as my late grandparents made about 40+ probably more like 50 cruises on board mainly in the Queens Grill - we have a lot connection & history linked to the ship through them both! In fact very close friends of theirs & fellow QG dining companions still travel onboard at least 3 times a year always Q2 grade & are going to miss the ship terribly!

this will sadly be my last cruise onboard & my mother's first & last one - so we are going to enjoy it very much in style! I am though myself back onboard this October so don't have to wait quite as long to get back to the Grill! Would love to have done next year's 08 Autumn Colours cruise especially as I enjoyed this cruise so much in 2006 but will be cruising with P & O for 3 weeks to the Carribbean at this time.

I think we are all going to miss QE2 very much! My travel agent is most likely going to book either 8017 or 8019 for my mother - have you ever had this suite?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I think we are all going to miss QE2 very much! My travel agent is most likely going to book either 8017 or 8019 for my mother - have you ever had this suite?

I agree. It will be awful leaving on the last morning.

I had 8018 in January - it was lovely. Dark wood - gorgeous. The WCC will be able to comment - it was on the Cabin Cavalcade.

But, as I've said before, there isn't a bad cabin up there!

Matthew

I agree. It will be awful leaving on the last morning.

I had 8018 in January - it was lovely. Dark wood - gorgeous. The WCC will be able to comment - it was on the Cabin Cavalcade.

But, as I've said before, there isn't a bad cabin up there!

Matthew

I heard somewhere, well, it was on a ship (small), that ships pass port to port, so I like a port cabin. Was I misinformed? Just wondering.

Archived