Stuarts Cove shark dive review

tomboyy

Just got back from a June17 th sailing on the Sensation. While in Nassua I opted to do the Stuarts Cove shark diving. I arranged this excursion thru Stuarts Cove myself, I don't think Carnival even offers it. First off the drive to the cove. The bus arrived on time and already had people on it, I got on and we then went to a few more hotels to pick up more people. These buses have 1 seat on the left and 2 on the right, on the 2 on the right there is also a pull down seat so someone can sit in the isle (sp?) Besides being packed in like sardines it seemed to me to be a hazard, I mean if there was a accident you'de have to crawl over people to get out.

Stuarts is a bigger operation than I thought it would be, alot of people diving here so be prepared to wait in line to "cash" out. I prepaid online so when I actually got to the cashier it took about 1 min.

I brought all my equipment cept weights and tank of course, walked right up and picked them up and on to the boat. I'm guessing maybe 16 people went on this boat, maybe a couple more. While that may be alot of people it never really felt like a cattle call to me. The crew were all very nice and buddyed up people who came alone and didn't find a partner on their own.

We went to the wall for the first dive. The wall went from 60-70 feet to 6000 . Saw shark there just cruising around. This was the best dive I've ever been on. While some of you may say there's better places to dive and I'm sure you're right , this was my first ocean dive and it was great!

Next was the shark dive. They give alittle tutorial before you go down on what not to do and then the divers go down and get situated and then the dive master comes down with the bait box. We saw shark instantly once settled onthe bottom. Once they started feeding about 10-15 shark showed up and they were big ( to me atleast) Thay basically had you in a circle and moved the bait box around in front of everyone so the sharks could get really close. even without the bait box in front of you the sharks got really close and I mean Inches. It was great!

any questions about this dive I'd be happy to answer, but it may take a day or two as I go back to work tomorrow:(

Tom

Thanks for the review. Very interesting!

I don't know that I have the guts to partake in an excursion like this. I have been diving and snorkeling and seen sharks which have come very close. I am very comfortable with that.

But, it seems that when food is around they become much more aggressive. Did they seem aggressive to you? What types of sharks were they? Black tips vs. nurse sharks - makes a difference.

We are going to Nassau in December. I think I am too chicken, but I haven't ruled it out all together...

Thanks for the review and additional information!

Thanks for the review. Very interesting!

I don't know that I have the guts to partake in an excursion like this. I have been diving and snorkeling and seen sharks which have come very close. I am very comfortable with that.

But, it seems that when food is around they become much more aggressive. Did they seem aggressive to you? What types of sharks were they? Black tips vs. nurse sharks - makes a difference.

We are going to Nassau in December. I think I am too chicken, but I haven't ruled it out all together...

Thanks for the review and additional information!

They definately were aggressive around the bait box, but I think swimming by you they were O.K heres some pics if I can post them.

Tom

attachment.php?attachmentid=49861&stc=1&d=1182901432

attachment.php?attachmentid=49863&stc=1&d=1182901432

attachment.php?attachmentid=49860&stc=1&d=1182901432

Hey Tom,

glad you had a great time.... I remember you asking questions about this and wanted input.... I remember thinking, "this guy is nuts".... But I'm with skneu1, not ruling it out now.... lol..... Maybe I would do it..... But thanks for the review.....:D

They definately were aggressive around the bait box, but I think swimming by you they were O.K heres some pics if I can post them.

Tom

attachment.php?attachmentid=49861&stc=1&d=1182901432

attachment.php?attachmentid=49863&stc=1&d=1182901432

attachment.php?attachmentid=49860&stc=1&d=1182901432

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! They are wonderful.

So glad you enjoyed yourself! Fascinating, I am sure!

Archived