Get Out There! I Got A Surprise Birthday Cruise.

I've been suffering from post cruise depression since we returned from AOS in May. Yesterday afternoon DD totally surprised me for my birthday. I knew we were going out, but didn't know where. We drove to Lake Merritt in Oakland, Ca at sunset. I figured it was a picnic based on the cooler she was hauling but I was shocked when a Venitian gondola pulled up to the dock complete with singing rower. We enjoyed an hour of appetizers & sipping Mudslides from our RCL souvenir glasses that say "Get Out There" while watching the scenery and sunset. What a great surprise cruise.

I've been suffering from post cruise depression since we returned from AOS in May. Yesterday afternoon DD totally surprised me for my birthday. I knew we were going out, but didn't know where. We drove to Lake Merritt in Oakland, Ca at sunset. I figured it was a picnic based on the cooler she was hauling but I was shocked when a Venitian gondola pulled up to the dock complete with singing rower. We enjoyed an hour of appetizers & sipping Mudslides from our RCL souvenir glasses that say "Get Out There" while watching the scenery and sunset. What a great surprise cruise.

What a wonderful story. I wish you a belated "Happy Birthday" and thank you for sharing such a nice way to celebrate. Sounds like you had a super "cruise".

That's very cool! I thought at first that you literally got a cruise, but that was very nice what your daughter did for you!

I also like those souvenier glasses. Help me "pretend" I'm on a cruise sometimes!

Guess I'm still learning abbreviations. DD is my betrothed, not my daughter. I thought dd stands for dear darling.

:) The first D is usually Dear, or Darling, or sometimes Darned and the like...and the second D is generally Daughter. :)

I've seen DBF and DGF for dear boyfriend and girlfriend, but others like to use SO for significant other, if they feel silly saying "girl"friend or "boy"friend, or if they don't want to bring gender into the conversation, but of course DGF can also mean a grandfather! zoiks!

That was a great present she gave you. Happy Birthday!

Archived