braemar or boudicca mini cruise anyone going?

seabourndt

i am doing the august 4 night cruise on the braemar and the 3 night in sept on the boudicca the latter i have a balcony single. anyone have aNY PICS OF THE BALCONY AND WHAT SORT OF VIEW I WILL HAVE. i find out the balcony is non smokingany idea why this is.

dave

• 1 month later...
i am doing the august 4 night cruise on the braemar and the 3 night in sept on the boudicca the latter i have a balcony single. anyone have aNY PICS OF THE BALCONY AND WHAT SORT OF VIEW I WILL HAVE. i find out the balcony is non smokingany idea why this is.

dave

The balconies are non smoking I would imagine due to it being a potential serious fire hazard from people throwing cigarette butts overboard and them being blown back on to the ship. There was a ship in the not to distant past that went on fire you may remember last year I think it was cant remember which ship ameriacan one i think but anyway it was blamed on a discarded cigarette end apparently thrown from a balcony which caused the furniture to go on fire and took hold pretty quick spreading from balcony to balcony. Caused extensive damage to a number of cabins even although it was distinguished very quickly. Also a number of people with balconies on various different ships have complained about passengers discarding the butts and they have landed on their balconies.

There was talk a few months ago that all ships balconies were going to become non smoking because of the fire but it never happened.

Also Fred like to be different

Hope this helps cant help with photos but let me know what you thought of the ships as I am think of doing a cruise on one of them next year.

yes i remember the fire, i wondered at the time if they would make them non smoking. its a real shame as i do enjhoy a smoke outside rather than on the deck. never mind i will still enjoy the balcony. have an outside double on the braemar as my friend not coming now so going on my own.

dave

The balconies are non-smoking so that the passengers with balconies close by can enjoy their balconies without your cigarette smoke. If the balconies weren't all non-smoking, I wouldn't pay for one.

Archived