Docking at Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide

We will sail on the Diamond from Sydney-Beijing.:D In the past when sailing into Sydney, we docked below the bridge by the Hyatt Hotel and across from the opera house. :) With the Diamond being 116,000 tons, we have been told they are docking at another location. Does anyone know the locations for the above cities?:rolleyes: In both Melbourne and Adelaide we are meeting friends at the ship. Thanking you in advance for your time and interest in the above matter. Happy Sailings..Leslie Swiger:)

Leslie,

In Melbourne you will be docking at our major port which is Station Pier. It is where all the major passenger ships dock. It is only 15 minutes by light rail from the city centre and even less by car.

Here is a link for more information. http://www.portofmelbourne.com.au/shipping/stationpier.asp

Jennie

hi you dont say which day you will be docking in sydney but here is the list of arrivals and where they dock. the diamond cannot fit under the bridge (well i know the sapphire cant). we seem to be having a lot of cruise traffic over the summer months so i suppose the only other place if not circular quay would be the navy base where the queen mary docked but i highly doubt that. i am sure you will be at circular quay

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

Hi Leslie Swiger from aussi cruiser i have posted quite a bit of information about Station Pier in Melbourne and how to get around in Melbourne from the ship, look under Melbourne and Station Pier in this section hope this helps you.

We will sail on the Diamond from Sydney-Beijing.:D In the past when sailing into Sydney, we docked below the bridge by the Hyatt Hotel and across from the opera house. :) With the Diamond being 116,000 tons, we have been told they are docking at another location. Does anyone know the locations for the above cities?:rolleyes: In both Melbourne and Adelaide we are meeting friends at the ship. Thanking you in advance for your time and interest in the above matter. Happy Sailings..Leslie Swiger:)

In Sydney you will be docked at Circular Quay which is right by the Hyatt in the location you describe above. I've seen the Diamond docked there many times. I don't know about Adelaid and Melbourne though.

Jennie, Mochuck and Karon....Want and thank-you all for the information that I received. We are very famillar with the three cities and now feel better about Sydney and Melbourne docking.:o Thanks again and Happy Sailings....Leslie Swiger:)

• 3 months later...

Archived