Tour QV in Rotterdam?

3rdGenCunarder

I'll be onboard the same cruise. Sadly I highly doubt we'll be able considering security issues. We may have to admire her from afar.

Saddening for me since that may be the first and last time I'll ever see the QV in person. *lives at the wrong side of the world*

My wife and I had a tour of Queen Mary 2 in New York in 2004. However we were sailing on the Queen Elizabeth 2, and were doing a back to back crossing.

The trouble with the Rotterdam stop is that she will be mid-cruise.

There may be more luck in New York, but if there is I am willing to bet that it will be restricted to Queens' Grill on QE2 - probably Penthouse only - at the least.

If indeed they do it at all.

Matthew

The trouble with the Rotterdam stop is that she will be mid-cruise.

Matthew

Hadn't thought about that. It does complicate matters from a logistical/security point. I was hoping they'd do something for World Club members. QV is going to take over QE2's routes, so Cunard should want to make us transfer our loyalty from one Cunard ship to another.

Wait, what was I thinking??? Carnival could care less about passenger loyalty.

well found 2 people doing the dec 6th cruise then i posted on roll call but nothing yet! iam doing both the christmas maRKETS CRUISE AND THE TANDEM ON THE QE2. would love to go aboard the qv too as doing her next may.

dave

Would be nice to get onboard QV in Rotterdam. If the ships dock next to each other and they could get us off QE2 and on to QV without leaving the dock it might be possible for small groups. But I am not hopeful.:(

My guess is that the answer will be no. It can't hurt to ask, but I doubt it will happen.

That said, I'm not sure I agree with Matthew that it is a problem that the ship is in transit - this doesn't make much difference in my experience. It's hard to visit a ship for any reason other than official business but when it does happen, it can be both when the ship is in transit or on a turnaround day. Ships do take visitors in just about every port, in transit or otherwise - it's just that getting this invitation is almost impossible unless you have a good reason to be there (curiosity doesn't count, unless you're someone really important to the cruise line).

Ships do take visitors in just about every port, in transit or otherwise - it's just that getting this invitation is almost impossible unless you have a good reason to be there (curiosity doesn't count, unless you're someone really important to the cruise line).

I've always wanted to know who the visitors are. Cunard (and other lines, too) tell you that NO VISITORS are permitted. Yet, a half hour before sailing time, the "This announcement is to advise all persons not sailing on QE2 today ..." So obviously, there are visitors, they just aren't visiting me.

Travel Agents, VIPS, etc. Maybe someone chartering the ship (I.E. the recent charity balls on board while she was in port overnight in Brooklyn.

Karie,

who has been one of those visitors seeing several ships in port with a group of travel agents.

I've always wanted to know who the visitors are. Cunard (and other lines, too) tell you that NO VISITORS are permitted. Yet, a half hour before sailing time, the "This announcement is to advise all persons not sailing on QE2 today ..." So obviously, there are visitors, they just aren't visiting me.

I wondered, too, because all kinds of people were getting off when we were getting on and I'd heard about the "no guests" rule. It was the crew's family members having a get-together for the Christmas holiday and probably some travel agents who well, whatever. I was glad to hear that some crew members got to have a nice time with family and friends for at least a few hours.

Too bad the days are gone when a traveller can invite guests onboard for a time.

Archived