Dry Cleaning Onboard Tahitian

cruisingfreak

Sorry - no dry cleaning available on the TP, although you might be able to make arrangements for someone to take our items into port and have them cleaned. I know they do that for some passengers - I would ask at the purser's desk.

Charlie

Sorry - no dry cleaning available on the TP, although you might be able to make arrangements for someone to take our items into port and have them cleaned. I know they do that for some passengers - I would ask at the purser's desk.

Charlie

Thanks so much for your fast reply, as my Roll Call group was curious about this question.

Minette

From the ships diagram looks like there is a self service laundry..... can any recent travellers confirm this???

They do. One dollar for a wash load and the same to dry. The machines

only take quarters.

Vince

From what I remember - they also have specials by which they give you a paper sack and will launder everything in it for something like $15. They offered it halfway through and the the next to last day to my recollection. Also laundry service on board was pretty inexpensive and it was the best gift my DH gave me on the cruise.

Charlie

From what I remember - they also have specials by which they give you a paper sack and will launder everything in it for something like $15. They offered it halfway through and the the next to last day to my recollection. Also laundry service on board was pretty inexpensive and it was the best gift my DH gave me on the cruise.

Charlie

We have just returned from the 13 day Tahiti to Hawaii cruise and unfortunately they no longer have the specials for laundry which they had when we were last on her in 2004.

I inquired at the front desk a couple of days into the cruise as to whether these specials were going to be offered and the front desk staff just looked blankly at me. Apparently they were all new and only came on board in March and had never heard of any "paper bag specials."

We ended up doing our own laundry (first time ever on a cruise) and it wasn't too hard except there is only one laundry on board which is on deck 7 so you do have to be quick to get a washing machine and even quicker to get a dryer. The washing machines take 30 minutes and the dryers take 45 minutes. There are about 4 washers and 4 dryers altogether.

Jennie

Boo hiss! I wonder if that (the paper bag special) has been stopped fleet wide or if it's just the TP. That was always a great way to ensure that you were getting off the the ship with clean clothes, especially if you were tour bound once you disembark.

Thanks for letting us know, Jennie!

Charlie

I have a copy of the laundry service order form on my website. It shows dry cleaning as being available. We didn't have any dry cleaning done but we used the pressing service on that side of the form. Seems to me if it wasn't available they wouldn't have it on the form(?)

http://kandjwall.freespaces.com/

Archived