Maranir or princess

Well, having done both-I'd say the Mariner. We were on the mariner about 18 months ago and will be on her again this August. We cruised with Princess in April. We felt that there were far more things to do on the Mariner. The shows were better the food was better. The Mariner is beautiful

We also have done both.........Caribbean Princess and the Mariner (jr. suite)........to us the Mariner was a more pleasant experience.........

Been on both and the Mariner is, hands down, much better. We disliked the CP and would never sail Princess again based on that one experience. It was evident that customer service was not their thing.

Mariner has many more entertainment areas for all ages. Loved the ice show. Food was good. Loved Portofino's and Chops. Worth every penny of $20. Staff was wonderful. Just a generally classier ship.

I have not sailed mariner but have done other voyager class ships. I have done princess once and will NEVER do that cruise line again. Definitly bad customer service. Royal has so many things to offer and there is always something to do. They have beautiful ships.

We had gone on the Regal Princess many years ago. Itwas so elegant. I thought we would never be able to go on another line. To tell you the truth, I have trouble remembering the name of the Princess ship-and that was 2 months ago.

The Mariner was the best. The captain, though long winded, was very amusing. The staff was very pleasant. The staff on the Princess, it seemed that they could care less. I am just rambling because I can't wait until August to be back on the Mariner. I will stop now. So Sorry:o

We had a wonderful cruise on the Grand, so my Princess experience was much different. I will say that the one time we got bad service was when we didn't want anything from the bar at dinner. They'd just look down their noses and one even questioned our no wine for dinner choice. Well, it's a religious choice, not because we're too cheap. That was offensive, but a couple of people don't make a whole line bad, and the other staff members were friendly.

I keep hearing there's more to do on the Mariner, but I already read the Princess Patter and know there's plenty to do on the CB for us. I'd really like to see the RCI daily papers for the Mariner or other Voyager class ship.

Here's our scenario:

balcony on the Mariner $1250 pp (normal amount of privacy on balcony)

mini-suite on the CB $1000 pp (and 75 more sq ft but exposed balcony)

Without a doubt the Mariner is a beautiful ship, but I think that the CB is too. decisions, decisions. lol!:D

The cabins on Princess are definitely bigger than RCI. If you compare Princess' mini-suite to RCI's junior-suite, Princess is much bigger hands down and less expensive.

It really all depends on what you are looking for. Are you traveling with kids? Older people? What activities are you looking for?

I have sailed both Princess and RCI. When we've taken the children and/or parents, we have sailed RCI. There are much more activities for all ages. Both the kids and adults absolutely love the Mariner, especially the Promenade.

We'll be sailing RCI's Liberty of the Seas in March. We're taking my step-son, my mother, and DH's parents. For DH's parents, this will be their first cruise.

My 10 yo son and I sailed on the CP 2 years ago.. very nice..he loved the MUTS and the kids club. This year we are doing Mariner so in about a week I'll have a comparison for you!! I think either ship would be good.. heck it's a cruise VACATION!!

Been on the Mariner and the Car. Princess. We loved the Mariner so much, we're going back on her in 2 weeks.

You didn't say if you had kids. Personally, I think they would enjoy the Mariner more. Not sure which Princess ship you're thinking about either. But I think the newer Princess ones would compare closer to the Mariner.

I have to disagree about the cabins. That's one thing I didn't like on Princess was the sz cabins. Comparing balcony to balcony room. Princess had the lg walk in closet and TINY bathroom. Then you just have your bed. Royal you have a couch and much more room to walk around. I'd rather have more room in my cabin than a huge closet.

Royal was more "fun". But the Car. Princess was our other favorite. Mariner is our favorite though.

Either one I think you'd like, but Mariner has the edge. Princess had less kids too. Not sure what's important to you. Some things are subjective.

Same dilemna here - Mariner or Caribbean Princess mini-suite. I ruled out Carnival Triumph but then looked at the Mariner again. Since we're going on the Liberty, I'm thinking CP.

I haven't been on Mariner, but we were on the Caribbean Princee last February and I was not impressed. There were many things I could comment on, but the biggest was the ship layout, which resulted in it always feeling more crowded then it should have.

I am also not a fan of MUTS due to the iritation of the bass being heard at the 'other' pool.

I really believe the service and overall experience is much better on RCI versus any Princess ship, especially Caribbean Princess.

Archived