What terminals does Royal Caribbean use at Port of Seattle (Pier 66)?

Karshrimp

There is only one cruise terminal at Pier 66. But keep in mind the pier could change by 2008. We were supposed to be getting a new pier and I don't remember what the timeline for that one is.

Link to Port of Seattle cruise ship schedule:

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/cruiselinesandschedules.shtml#schedule

Looks like RCCL uses Pier 66 - i thought Pier 30 was exclusive to Carnival owned ships which RCCL isn't.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks everyone for your help! So there is only 1 termianl at Pier 66?

If anyone ever need to know about Galveston, I'll be glad to help you out!! ;)

Check back next May, I can see Pier 66 from my office and would be able to tell you for sure if RCCL is sailing out of Pier 66.

vjblk:

I thought that I heard the new pier towards Magnolia has been put on hold for now. Here is what was said in the Seattle Times:

The Port of Seattle has pushed back the construction timeline on its new cruise-ship terminal by one year, citing the "aggressiveness" of its earlier schedule and concern about getting sufficient bids.

That means cruise ships won't move until spring 2009 from south of downtown to the planned new facility at Terminal 91 between Magnolia and Queen Anne Hill

OK I'm no expert. But I do drive by relatively often. And I worked near the terminals at a container ship company, sending drivers in and out of (for instance) Terminal 20 to pick up and drop off containers full of weird, disgusting, and boring things (usually food that Americans don't eat going to other countries), for a little while down in the heart of container ship/terminal land. :)

Pier 66 is up north a bit, on Alaskan Way, in tourist-ville. It's it what it is, just a pier (and I assume a check-in building/area of some sort).

Terminal 30 is a more industrial area, and you'll be with container ships. The terminal is an actual building, and that building at Terminal 30 does have RCCL signage, big HUGE signage on the building. :) Not the only line with signage there, but definitely has RCCL.

If anyone has been to Vancouver, it's like the difference between Canada Place and Ballantyne. CP is pretty pretty shiny beautiful. Ballantyne is in the gritty, grimy container-ship area.

Both get the job done. But one is nicer to be in. :)

How is the new port location going to be any closer to the downtown core than Pier 30 currently is - what i like about Bell St Pier 66 is how close it is to Pike St market and other waterfront attractions.

Cheers

Dennis

Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are both using the dock at Pier 66, while Holland America and Princess are sailing from Terminal 30, at least for the duration of the 2007 cruise season. Next year...who knows?!?

• 5 weeks later...

The new terminal that is being propsed is Pier 90 and 91. Currently the Navy base piers. Nothing but an industrial area. Close to nothing, the Seattle center is about a 3 mile walk with nothing to see along the way. Pier 90-91 is a very large complex. When the port opens you will probaly need to take a tram out of the complex then a loacl bus to downtown. It will be interesting. Pier 66 is so much nicer.:)

Archived