BOA/RCCL points...when do they expire?

I'm wondering if the OP is really asking the question I am wondering about, which is not really being answered....How do I tell how many points expire in which month? For example, we have never redeemed any points, but I think we have had the card for nearly 4 years. I'm thinking that means I need to redeem some points (equal to at least what I earned in the first month of having the card) by the 60th month (5 years) of having the card. Am I supposed to have kept my monthly statements to see how many points I accumulated each month to be sure they are redeemed? Does anyone know if BOA will provide this info or if one is supposed to have kept up with it all along. Mind you, I do have all my old statements so I can actually go back thru each one, but I'm wondering if BOA will give you a "summary" (for lack of a better term).

I've never gone 5 years since I use my points every year but I would assume that it goes something like this.

If you earned 1000 points in February 2003 and don't redeem any points for 5 years then in February 2008 1000 points will be deducted from your total points.

Whatever you earned 5 years previously will be deducted 5 years later.

I've never gone 5 years since I use my points every year but I would assume that it goes something like this.

If you earned 1000 points in February 2003 and don't redeem any points for 5 years then in February 2008 1000 points will be deducted from your total points.

Whatever you earned 5 years previously will be deducted 5 years later.

This is exactly how it works. I don't know if BofA will give you a summary or not. You could always call and ask for your history.

It's always a good idea, whenever points are involved with any credit card, to keep a summary yourself. I have a 5 year calendar that hangs on my fridge. Easy enough to mark at the end of each month to add points earned and then total points.

I'm wondering if the OP is really asking the question I am wondering about, which is not really being answered....How do I tell how many points expire in which month? For example, we have never redeemed any points, but I think we have had the card for nearly 4 years. I'm thinking that means I need to redeem some points (equal to at least what I earned in the first month of having the card) by the 60th month (5 years) of having the card. Am I supposed to have kept my monthly statements to see how many points I accumulated each month to be sure they are redeemed? Does anyone know if BOA will provide this info or if one is supposed to have kept up with it all along. Mind you, I do have all my old statements so I can actually go back thru each one, but I'm wondering if BOA will give you a "summary" (for lack of a better term).

Thanks VaCruzers, that is EXACTLY what I was trying to ask. Thanks for explaining it better then I did!

This is exactly how it works. I don't know if BofA will give you a summary or not. You could always call and ask for your history.

It's always a good idea, whenever points are involved with any credit card, to keep a summary yourself. I have a 5 year calendar that hangs on my fridge. Easy enough to mark at the end of each month to add points earned and then total points.

Cruisenfever, that is a great idea. I will have to start doing that.

Archived