Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

ok, no babies for me! Got it last night. Finally! One week late. Kinda weird.

I heard another story yesterday about a friend that I went to high school with. First she has a boob job, then, she finds out she has breast cancer and has a double masectomy, then, they want to go in and check her overies (after she has finished chemo and rad.) THEN, the dr's get in there to check her overies and find that she is 20 weeks pregnant after her husband was snipped 3 or 4 years before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the baby handled the chemo and rad. and anesthesia fine and they will be having a healthy baby girl!!! Unbelievable!! (they have two boys already, so this is a blessing/miracle baby!)

Guess we should all be happy and grateful that we are just chubby and not going through other stuff!!!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!

No veggie burgers for me! Tried them once.

I'm hungry a lot of the time, but I can deal with that. I bought a bunch of small gala apples and I'm having 1/2 for a mid-morning and the other half for my mid-afternoon snack. I'm surprised that it's actually tiding me over until the next meal.

Hi everyone, I read this board/post back in late Aug/early Sept and went out and bought the ALLI - finally got around to starting it the end of Sept, 1st week of Oct. I took it with an evening meal (up to an hr after eating) and did not have results until the following afternoon on my way home from work) luckily I live in the county so I was able to speed to get home - so then I took one with my evening meal a day later (since my meals did not have enough fat grams - I didn't take the pill) and really didn't have any thing remarkable happen. So, actually my first encouner scared me and now I'm worried about taking it for fear of TE's at work!

Any suggestions - I really don't want to waste the $$ spent on ALLI.

Thanks.

Hey Girls!

I gotta make this one quick, I'm on the run today..... lots of in and out!

Today is my 3 week mark of starting this whole thing. I weighed myself this morning. I am down exactly 10 pounds. Should I be proud? Well, I'll take it!

Still doing everything this same exact way. I am not getting bored with it (yet). I must stay motivated!

Hello Everyone,

I just found this thread today and read the whole thing. I have been on Alli for about 7 weeks and I have lost 11 lbs. I know it is a little slower than everyone elese, but I do not work out. I know I should! I start my vacation on 20th we will drive to Florida from NC. We are booked on the Liberty for the 21st. I was going to take my Alli with me and continue to take it during the cruise, but now I'm not sure. I haver never had any real bad TE from the pills. I had a little of the big "d" in the first week but that been it. It might be the best thing not to take them and just watch what I eat. I am planning on indulging in a few drinks. I think the worse thing could be in Jamicia with no clean bathrooms around because I could not resist the dessert from the night before.:eek: The strange thing is I have never gained weight on a cruise.:) I guess it is because of all the fresh fruit to eat and I am more active than at home. I do try to take the stairs every where except on formal night- stairs-3" heels-not a good mix for me LOL. I think this thread is great.

p.s. Dolphin fan I am from Altamonte Springs.

Hi Abby! Welcome and great job on losing the 11 pounds!!! That's great!!

I am not going to take the alli because I'm afraid that I won't know exactly how many grams of fat that they are serving me!! I'd be a little too paranoid about it. Have a great time on your cruise and get back on the program as soon as you get back, maybe. I also am one NOT to gain wait on cruises. I think cuz I am swimming, taking stairs and do a lot more walking.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Hey Abby---welcome to the thread. I wouldn't take the pills on the cruise. You just never know how some food out is going to affect you. You could be eating salad sprayed with a preservative that will give you the big D. I just wouldn't ruin my vacation like that. Bathrooms in the ports are few and far between. Its only a week---just watch it---if you care to. LOL I sure didn't. Fell in love with Johnny Rockets--onion rings, chili dogs, burgers, milkshakes. Drank like crazy---Portofino two nights. The official weight gain is two pounds.

We went to Aruba, curaceau, St. Martin, and St. Thomas. Found a great beach resort on Curaceau. We went to the beach every day. Hardly did any shopping. I'm still tired and not even close to being unpacked.

Marina

Hi Marina! Did you love Curaceao?? That's one of my favorite islands. Nice beaches and some cute shops. Always sooo sunny and hot. Just like Barbados! I can't waittttttt!!!! I love doing lazy beach days. None of those tours for us. Just give me a beach, chair, umbrella, and a bar, and I'm good to go! ;)

You did good only gaining two pounds. You'll lose it soon, I'm sure. Are you back to your diet program???

Cruisingnana here: I haven't posted in a while, but have been reading all the messages on here regularly. I've been on Alli since June (16 weeks to be more exact) and have lost 29 pounds so far. Our cruise is on November 25 on Carnival Conquest out of Galveston. We took this same cruise last year in December and had such a great time that we are going again and have a group of friends going with us. I'm hoping to lose at least another 5 pounds before we leave (6 1/2 weeks to go). A lot of my usual cruise clothes are looking a little loose and big, but I don't really want to go out and get new beaded tops that I only wear about once a year (when we cruise) because I plan to keep using the Alli after we get back and try to lose another 10 or 15 pounds. That would get me back to what I weighed when we married about 39 years ago! T

To those of you who have recently cruised: How long before you left on the cruise did you stop taking the Alli. I read somewhere that it's best to stop at least a week before you go. I wasn't planning to do that, as I have not had any problems while taking it. What do you think?

Marina, we are going to Barbados, Antigua, Tortola, St.Lucia and Domincan Republic. Also, three days at sea!!!! Can't wait. We've never done a 10 day before so, we're real excited!!!

Nana, I'm going to stop taking the pills about 5 days before. Want to make sure my 'system' is normal before we go! I've been feeling real good on them but, don't know if it 'things' change at all when I stop. I'll start right up again when I get home. In fact, I think I'll purchase my next bottle, that I am almost ready for, now. That way, I won't want to waste them when I get home by not starting again! (I'm kind of afraid that I'll get lazy about losing while on the cruise) Want to look good for Christmas after! I think I'll need a push from you girls to get me back on the program when I get home. -hint, hint...

I had planned on stopping them 4-5 days before we fly to FLL (the night before we cruise), simply because I usually end up with some GI distress when I travel (mostly brought on by MY stress, not from whatever I'm eating).

Mebane, huh? I've been in Durham for about 2-1/2 years now (moved down from Boone).

you all convienced me to try it. I went out and bought it last night and have started reading the little booklets. Need to register online ect. I have about 25 lbs to lose. Hopefully it won't take that long. I cruise the end of Dec. for New Years on Elation. I think I am going to start to start on Monday the

22nd. I have Bunco this Sat. night then I leave Friday for a weekend in Vegas. Then theres a Halloween party the 27th. How do you all do it? Whats the best way. Can I start the 22nd just not take it the 26th and be ok for the 27th and go right back on the 28th? I work at home so if I do have any TE's it won't be to horrible,

Help, advise??

Thanks &

Happy Cruising!

Donna

I had planned on stopping them 4-5 days before we fly to FLL (the night before we cruise), simply because I usually end up with some GI distress when I travel (mostly brought on by MY stress, not from whatever I'm eating).

Mebane, huh? I've been in Durham for about 2-1/2 years now (moved down from Boone).

I was in Boone on Saturday to see a customer. It is a small world. I've been in Mebane for 5 years now. I like it, a little slow at times, but close enough to Greensboro,Chapel Hill and Durham to still do some serious shopping. What part of Durham?

I am so glad I found this board, because now I know it would be the best thing not to take Alli on the cruise.

Thanks Ladies You are Great!!

I'm right across I-40 from Southpointe Mall. My 21-yr-old daughter thinks that's so wonderful!

Just weighed myself, and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I believe I started 9/29 on that Saturday morning. Not bad, considering I haven't starting exercising yet. Now that it has cooled off, I'll start walking in the evenings.

I know everyone's system is different, but I stopped using Alli the night before we went on our cruise and did just fine. I have never had any symptoms. I did'nt use them on our cruise. Ate anything I wanted for 12 days - gained 7#. I have since then lost that 7# and 2 more. (It was good to know I could get right back on the program) Now I hope to lose a total of 15 more. This has been the best WOE plan for me!!

Arghhh! I'm getting frustrated! I feel like I had a good week last week and didn't lose a pound! I stayed exactly the same!! I have a feeling I didn't eat enough again. I know I only have a couple of weeks before we leave on the cruise and I guess I just wanted to lose another 'quick' 5 lbs so, I cut back even more on fat and calories. I think this week I'll eat a little more and not go to bed starving. I also started the Pill last week. Could that have made me retain water??? It's been a looooong time since I started the Pill and don't remember the side effects.

Thanks for letting me vent! :(

Pam

Pam, I think it depends on which pill you are taking. I can usually tell if I'm retaining a lot of water by my hands and fingers. Are you retaining?

Are you eating a lot of salt? I can't believe how much water I was retaining by eating all that processed food. Go fresh for a couple of days and see what happens.

Marina

How did your weekend go? Good thing about dieting is if you fall off the track there is always another day to get back on!!

To be honest - I blew it!!!:mad: I actually wasn't all that bad- but when I came home from the weekend I was so mad that I just sort of continued without thinking for the rest of the week.:( So stupid I know . I'm starting this week fresh and we'll see how it goes . VERY busy this week at work - and until we leave on our trip so I hope I can stay on track???? Pray to the diet Gods for me girls!:D

Dolphin - I completely missed it when you asked me how many calories I was getting each day. I try to keep it about 1200-1400. I know people keep saying you should eat more often, but I have found that it just does not work for me. When I was younger and felt like the jeans were getting too tight, I could just diet for a weekend and it seemed like 10# came off! No more!!:rolleyes: I'm sure all of that contributed to a slowing metabolism as I come close to menopause.

As long as this is working, I will continue on. I have also found that I have to increase my daily exercise to 1hr. I always walk with weights first thing in the morning, then try to find 20-30 min in the evening to lift or take another walk. Once the temp gets in the 30's in the am, it's time to go back to the videos. Have you guys tried Christi Taylor? She's my all time fav!

No veggie burgers for me! Tried them once.

I'm hungry a lot of the time, but I can deal with that. I bought a bunch of small gala apples and I'm having 1/2 for a mid-morning and the other half for my mid-afternoon snack. I'm surprised that it's actually tiding me over until the next meal.

Apples are great for hunger control. I keep a small bag of sliced apples with me when I'm traveling or running around for the day.

Hey Girls!

I gotta make this one quick, I'm on the run today..... lots of in and out!

Today is my 3 week mark of starting this whole thing. I weighed myself this morning. I am down exactly 10 pounds. Should I be proud? Well, I'll take it!

Still doing everything this same exact way. I am not getting bored with it (yet). I must stay motivated!

You should ABSOLUTELY be proud of yourself!!!

WOW..budget time is over and I can finally breath again! I have had no time to get on the computer and the weird thing is I haven't even been getting my email notifications..weird.

I could respond to everyone but I have missed soooo much! So welcome to all you new folks..hope your finding the Alli is working for you (it has for me)..Pam..don't give up..sometimes you hit a platau and all of a sudden you will lose a few pounds at once!

Archived