VIP Check In

Marfa53

My experience has been that it saves a heckuva lotta time in certain cruise ports, and very little, if any, at others. I think it mainly depends on how well trained the embarkation personnel are in any given port. My best experiences have been in Mobile and Port Canaveral. By far, the worst has been in Port Everglades. Miami is fair, but you have to continue to remind Carnival personnel that you are a VIP guest.

we had VIP boarding as JS customers and the process was quick and smooth. We bypassed a looong line of people and were taken into a side room where 1 immigration official processed our documents, checked our passport/bc and sent us on our way.:D We only had one couple in front of us in the room. We did, however, have to wait with everyone else in the "lounge area" until they opened the escalators up to get on the ship. But overall, it saved us a lot of time and a lot of standing.

fivearms

It also comes in handy if you have just arrived behind 3 tour buses full from cruisers from the airport!!!

We were kind enough to smile as we walked past their lines.....

It also will depend on what time you arrive at the pier.

If you arrive around 11am-- not much wait for anyone to check in and get onboard. I have always been onboard by noon-- and that is with doing regular embarkation.

If arriving after 1pm-- when it is exptremely crowded you can bypass all the lines and go directly to the check in.

Archived