S.F. Pier 35

dlburns36

Dave:

1. As one approaches Hwy 80 from101, the left 2 lanes will continue as 101 (surface streets). You will see a BIG sign -- GG Br 101 N. As you get nearer to that exit, you will also see the sign Civic Center 9th St. This exit is preferable to 7th St because it avoids the traffic to Bay Bridge which can be at a standstill.

2. The 9th St exit is short and ends with a traffic light at Bryant St.. There are 4 lanes at the light -- rightmost (very very short lane) is for Bryant St only. Best is to be on the second from that rightmost lane which is for both Bryant St. (almost a right turn) and also for the right lane of 9th St.

3. Unfortunately, there are a lot of celebration events for the All Star game starting on July 6 and up to July 10 scheduled at Moscone Center which is off Folsom! So actually, Bryant St. may be less congested after all! It is a toss up.

/Sultan

OK, I think I see what you are talking about on Google maps. There also looks to be an exit at Bryant and 7th. I would assume by taking the 9th St exit off 101 I will miss all of the closures for the All Star game?

How bad is traffic eastbound on Folsom at 11:00 or so?

Thanks for all the information, it is sure to save a lot of us some major headaches.

Dave

Dave:

1. As one approaches Hwy 80 from101, the left 2 lanes will continue as 101 (surface streets). You will see a BIG sign -- GG Br 101 N. As you get nearer to that exit, you will also see the sign Civic Center 9th St. This exit is preferable to 7th St because it avoids the traffic to Bay Bridge which can be at a standstill.

2. The 9th St exit is short and ends with a traffic light at Bryant St.. There are 4 lanes at the light -- rightmost (very very short lane) is for Bryant St only. Best is to be on the second from that rightmost lane which is for both Bryant St. (almost a right turn) and also for the right lane of 9th St.

3. Unfortunately, there are a lot of celebration events for the All Star game starting on July 6 and up to July 10 scheduled at Moscone Center which is off Folsom! So actually, Bryant St. may be less congested after all! It is a toss up.

/Sultan

Sultan,

We took a dry run up to the cruise terminal yesterday following the exact route you just described. Piece of cake!!!

We are going to leave at 10:00 to beat the event traffic. There was 1:15 Giants home game yesterday and we left San Jose at 11:00 and didn't hit any traffic. My friend may encounter some traffic on Howard St coming back to 101 after dropping us off though!

Thanks for all the help!

Dave

Archived