Cruise card question

Does the cruise card, on the Pacific Sun, double as a room key or is there a seperate card for the key? I have experienced both, on the Golden Princess the cruise card was the room key as well, and on the Oriana there where two seperate cards. Thank you.

Might sound dumb Kym, but could you please explain the two different keys on the Star.

I assume on the Dawn, that it will be like Princess, where it doubles as your Room key and Cruise Card.

Another dumb question... Is it an actual key?:o :p

Some days I think I've totally lost it!!:rolleyes:

On the 2 Aussie ships you have the cruisecard (credit card size like US) and the door card. It is A long rectangle with holes in it. Dumb description. Kinda like the punchcards from old fashioned computers or perhaps a time card from work. They holes are sequenced and match up with the other half in your door lock to open the door. You just push it in and pull out to open door.

They're flat, about the same size as the cruise card or a credit card, and they slide into the a slot on the door handle... The holes in the card must match the lock for it to open. They easily hang on the lanyard with the cruisecard.

No old fashion keys on P.Star or P.Sun, but Pacific Sky had ordinary key locks when we went on her.

They're flat, about the same size as the cruise card or a credit card, and they slide into the a slot on the door handle... The holes in the card must match the lock for it to open. They easily hang on the lanyard with the cruisecard.

No old fashion keys on P.Star or P.Sun, but Pacific Sky had ordinary key locks when we went on her.

Is that why everyone wears lanyards?!! What is another solution besides wearing a lanyard? I'll feel as though I'm at work otherwise.:eek:

I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago, and was staying at The Victoria Hotel (I was desperate!!:p ), and when I checked in they gave me a key!! It's amazing how you think EVERYTHING is automated these days.

It is easy to wear them on a lanyard. However the key won't reach the lock from around your neck. Thats why you need rectrator thing, "whizzer/zipper/zinger" whatever they are called.

You could attach them to a keyring or something and hook it onto your waistband.

I empathise with the whole "feeling at worK' When I walk into Target or something with my work pass round my neck, many a time if I have gone to flash it at the poor shop security person thinking I am walking past the guards at work.

Is that why everyone wears lanyards?!! What is another solution besides wearing a lanyard? I'll feel as though I'm at work otherwise.:eek:

I don't like the lanyard around my neck option either. On my last cruise I used a contraption that hooked onto my jeans. It has a retractable key thingy. Useless descriptions from me too!!:rolleyes:

On previous cruise I have just put it in a small wallet in my handbag.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Archived