Zagreb, Croatia city tour

We'd like to tour Zagreb a day or two from Trieste, Italy in the last week of September. Is there any guided tour there that we can book ahead of time? Your help on this is much appreciated.

We were in Trieste a couple of years ago and didn't find too much in the way of tours. The easiest way is to hire a car and drive there yourself, its easy although the roads are a bit twisty.

After disembark at Trieste in the morning, we plan to go to Zagreb straight for 2 days before flying home from Zagreb. It seems the direct air/bus/train connections between these two places are non-existent, at least in late-September. Thanks for the help anyway.

Hi my wife is croatian and my niece is at zagreb university try www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr for a city tour, www.akz.hr for the bus, there is a new motorway that makes the drive from trieste to zagreb a lot quicker, I would get my niece to show you around but she is back at uni in september if you need more help just ask regards

Hi my wife is croatian and my niece is at zagreb university try www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr for a city tour, www.akz.hr for the bus, there is a new motorway that makes the drive from trieste to zagreb a lot quicker, I would get my niece to show you around but she is back at uni in september if you need more help just ask regards

Thanks for sharing this, particularly the new motorway hint. We're completely new to both Trieste and Zagreb. And it seems there is no bus to Zagreb on Monday (our 09/24 cruise disembarkation day at Trieste). Even getting to Ljubljana, Slovnia first is a challenge. I appreciate your insight to this in advance.

Trieste is a pleasant city, there is a massive market that is fun I cant remember the day, have you tried a one way car hire, we are never in croatia in late sept but things do wind down, and because I either get a hire car, or last year I drove from the Uk, great fun, I never use trains or the more popular buses, if you give me your dates I will ask my niece to investigate, regards

Since we'll tour Trieste during our MSC Cruise's early stop at Trieste on Sept.17, my wife & I (both ages 56) would like to go to Zagreb straight after disembark there on Sept.24, Monday about 9:00am. Hope your niece can track down a comfortable way to go for us. Thanks.

(Louis)

Hi you can get flights and change at malpensa, there are trains that link with the venice budapest express that stops in zagreb from trieste, you can book with trenitalia international but she said they are night trains, one way car hire does not seem an option, she suggested that when you arrive in trieste for the first time you go to the tourist information office and ask them, that is the best I can do regards

We recently spent 2 weeks in Croatia and rented a car for 3 days. We drove from Split to Zagreb. It was almost all highway. To check roads and driving time you can go to viamichelin.com. We enjoyed Zagreb and did the 2 walking tours of upper and lower town on our own. Maps information was in our hotel. We also flew on Croatia airlines from Zagreb. You may want to check out flights from Trieste - Also check Austrian Airlines flights thru Vienna to Zagreb. Good luck

We did consider the flight route from Trieste to Zagreb but with all our 17 days cruise/land luggage and no non-stop flight available, we go for the land route. Now we find if we can find an easy way to Ljubljana, Slovania from Trieste, there are numerous direct trains there to Zagreb on Monday. Let's cross the fingers.

We did consider the flight route from Trieste to Zagreb but with all our 17 days cruise/land luggage and no non-stop flight available, we go for the land route. Now we find if we can find an easy way to Ljubljana, Slovania from Trieste, there are numerous direct trains there to Zagreb on Monday. Let's cross the fingers.

There are trains from Trieste to Ljubljana, change at Monfalcone. You can see the timetable on www.trenitalia.it

Thanks for the train link..... On 09/24, Monday, the first schedule is 4:21pm. Hope there is an earlier way to go so not to arrive Zagreb in midnight. Is there a Trieste out-of-town bus site in English out there?

After extensive search, I found two 2½ hrs. direct trains from Ljubljana, slovenia at either 2:08pm or 5:45pm to Zagreb on Monday Sept.24.

Now if we can get the direct Trieste, Italy morning or noon transfer to Ljubljana, our headache is over. Any help on this?

Archived