? about shopping?

ker2169

Hi, didn't know if someone could answer for me. We will be going to Playa and Cozumel. I would like to do PB in Cozumel, but my friend who I am traveling with wants to do shopping. We will be on the Holiday and not in Cozumel for very long. How is the shopping in Playa, and is the public beach in the same direction. I hear the shopping in Cozumel is in diff. direction from beach. Trying to make the most out of our stops in the short time we are there, and make us both happy, but don' t know the diff. in shopping in the 2 ports. Any info would be great. We leave a week from today. Thanks!!!

Hi. First off- Good choice on selecting the Holiday, my favorite ship!

Yep, on Cozumel the main shopping is one way and the beaches the other. My thoughts are that you should talk your friend into going to PB, and then shopping at the pier before getting back on the ship. There's great shopping to be had at the pier. I've found as good bargains there as in San Miguel (the town). Maybe the captain will surprise y'all like he did on my last cruise to Coz - announced we would be there till midnight!

Unless you book an excursion at Playa del Carmen, there's little to do there except shop and go to the public beach in town (which is nice). The main street in PdC is lonnng - with nothing but shops, so your friend won't have any trouble finding some place to spend her money. Next cruise, I'll find the Avenue 5 - missed it last time, I guess, and I understand there are wonderful restaurants there.

On another note - I like San Miguel/Coz much better than the downtown area of PdC. In SM, there is a 'town square' where locals perform, and I like to have a bite to eat or drink where the locals seem to be - around the square.

Whichever y'all choose, you'll enjoy! (Just watch your step at PdC - or maybe they've finished the work by now....I kept stepping around potholes in the street.);)

Your cruise is SO near. I know y'all are excited. Bon Voyage!

Thanks Cotton for the info. I really do hope to get to PB. I did see that the ship on one of the site's that I found(or maybe you even showed us) that the ship was in port another time until midnight. So who know's wouldn't that be nice. TTFN,bye!!!

Archived