Questions for new yorkers...

josephml1

in my own opinion...

online.

those electronic stores you see all over the city (or heard of)...they really aren't any cheaper than your standard stores. and personally, i wouldn't buy anything from these places. the people that operate these stores just don't look trustworthy.

anyone else care to comment?

I buy on line. They all have on line buying. Yes you pay postage but if you are outside NY State(or buy from a store with no site in your state) you don't pay sales Tax which is 8 and 1/4 % in NY which you will pay if you buy and pick up in person.....you can get a lot of postage for that and many sites provide free shipping. Why on earth would you want to waste your time shopping for electronics when you are in NY? Get your info on line and buy there too.

DO NOT, NOT, NOT under any circumstances buy from any of those electronic stores you see all over the city.

The news stations in NYC already did several shows on these stores. The merchandise is used, stolen or doesn't work. There is no warranty & its almost impossible to get your $$ back. Hence, why they don't remain in business for long periods of time. As for the people that work there, well, take a look at them & judge for yourself.

I don't know why you want to buy this stuff in the city, its going to be more expensive just with the taxes alone. Your best bet if you are dead set on it is go to Macy's or any of the big shopping stores & go to their electronics department & buy it. At least you are guaranteed a warranty.

DO NOT, NOT, NOT under any circumstances buy from any of those electronic stores you see all over the city.

The news stations in NYC already did several shows on these stores. The merchandise is used, stolen or doesn't work. There is no warranty & its almost impossible to get your $$ back. Hence, why they don't remain in business for long periods of time. As for the people that work there, well, take a look at them & judge for yourself.

I don't know why you want to buy this stuff in the city, its going to be more expensive just with the taxes alone. Your best bet if you are dead set on it is go to Macy's or any of the big shopping stores & go to their electronics department & buy it. At least you are guaranteed a warranty.

You're not talking about J & R and B & H I hope. Just go to the stores, see what make and model you like and then order online. I like Buy.com. They often have free shipping.

You're not talking about J & R and B & H I hope. Just go to the stores, see what make and model you like and then order online. I like Buy.com. They often have free shipping.

buy.com ROCKS!!! there is no better place to buy electronics. even if i've never heard of the brand or whatnot...for the prices i have gotten things for, i consider them disposable.

my last purchase was a CREATIVE 512MB mp3 player (i don't care for iPod). price after rebate was $9.99. fits all the songs i need for my 1hr commute to nyc.

and if i lose it...who cares!!!

buy.com ROCKS!!! there is no better place to buy electronics. even if i've never heard of the brand or whatnot...for the prices i have gotten things for, i consider them disposable.

my last purchase was a CREATIVE 512MB mp3 player (i don't care for iPod). price after rebate was $9.99. fits all the songs i need for my 1hr commute to nyc.

and if i lose it...who cares!!!

Hey Zone,

Yeah, I found buy.com through friends. I never had a problem. The prices really are great.

Archived