Many have asked for a link to my pics.

hdawson

Finally, thanks to the assist of Stircrazy, many of my pics are now posted.

I invite your comments and impressions of this interesting and enjoyable area.

And once more, THANK YOU STIRCRAZY.

http://hdawson.photosite.com/

Hey H,

Nice Pix, but you didn't have any of the egg truck or Domino's Pizza. You're slipping.:p

That church looks awesome and maybe I'll get to see Chichen Itza someday.

• 3 weeks later...

ITP

That idea calls for a land trip to Merida. I've stayed at several hotels, all within the historical area. I'll be returning to the Hotel Caribe; a modest hotel on Plaza Hidalgo and a short block from the central plaza. It once was a Catholic school or convent and has a roof top pool overlooking the towers of the Cathedral. Sidewalk cafes are in front of the hotel for early morning coffee and people watching. Now that's relaxing.

http://www.hotelcaribe.com.mx/nuevo.htm

Your hotel looks beautiful! I know you will have a great time. Our next cruise calls at Cozumel again (which I love because of the snorkeling) but I'd love to go back to Merida again. A land vacation might be better because one day in port at Progreso doesn't give you much time to see as much as I'd like.

Barb

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Glad you enjoyed the pics. I was beginning to think that nobody appreciated them. I'll be back in Merida for two weeks, late Oct.

I enjoyed your photos very much. We will be in Progreso/Merida in January and I'm just beginning to do research for this port. Your input has been most helpful. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Angiem. It appears the site has shut down. If you'll email me at

hdawson228@aol.com, I'll be glad to send tons of pics of Progreso and especially Merida. And the ruins. It will take a week or two since I will be having heart bypass surgery tomorrow morning. Isn't that an optimisitc outlook? LOL

Angiem. It appears the site has shut down. If you'll email me at

hdawson228@aol.com, I'll be glad to send tons of pics of Progreso and especially Merida. And the ruins. It will take a week or two since I will be having heart bypass surgery tomorrow morning. Isn't that an optimisitc outlook? LOL

Hey H,

There is a lot to look forward to when you go in for surgery.

They give you a little drug cocktail. Dimerol and Vistaril. (sp?) Write them down and ask for them by name. I want more Dimerol. I've made a list of organs that I don't need.

*Quote from comedian, Tom Parks.

Keep in touch.

Archived