Los Angeles Cruise Terminal

Keith1010

I'm thinking of renting a car. I prefer Hertz but will consider whatever rental car agency has cars at the LAX airport and allows drop off near the San Pedro Port (if that's were Island Princess sails from). We are thinking of staying at either the Sheraton San Pedro or the Westin Long Beach. We will also be staying one night post cruise. DH has a nephew in the area and we will probably spend some time with him.

Can anyone tell me which of the two hotels I mentioned is better? The Sheraton might be easier since I think they have rental car and shuttle ability.

Thanks in advance for any information.

• 2 months later...
I'm thinking of renting a car. I prefer Hertz but will consider whatever rental car agency has cars at the LAX airport and allows drop off near the San Pedro Port (if that's were Island Princess sails from). We are thinking of staying at either the Sheraton San Pedro or the Westin Long Beach. We will also be staying one night post cruise. DH has a nephew in the area and we will probably spend some time with him.

Can anyone tell me which of the two hotels I mentioned is better? The Sheraton might be easier since I think they have rental car and shuttle ability.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Hertz: they have a drop off in Long Beach. They will drive you to the port or call you a cab. If you take a cab they'll give you up to $10. ( I've accumulated many points, but they never seem to work to my advantage). Other rental cars are less $$.

Sheraton has a comp shuttle & Enterprise is located there. (you get a comp shuttle either way). The Sheraton is fine, check the other threads... plenty of notes there. Both Westin & Sheraton have the heavenly beds. Sheraton is a 2 star & Westin is a 3 star; but I bet you knew that. Frankly, if you're using points, I would go for the Sheraton.( When I used them, there was a special & actually got it for less points than usual). It was more than fine, friendly staff & a place to hang out for a couple of hours. I'm not familar with the Westin in that area.

Need Help Finding The Best Way To Go About This. Coming To Lax On Dec 2 And Doing Princess Sapphire On Dec 3. Arrive Back Into Port On Dec 10. Need Ride From Lax To Hotel, Then Hotel Accomendations For Dec 2 To 3, Ride To Port On The 3rd. And Then We Are Trying To Decide To Stay A Couple Of Days In La Or Fly Home. Would Love To See Venice Beach Again. Was There In The Late 70's When I Was Early Teens And My Sister Lived On Dell Ave. Any Suggestions. Rent Car, Taxi's, Hotel,

• 1 month later...

Returned form Hertz.......

Easy drop off of the car, right off Ocean blvd..... nice people. they will call you a cab & put the credit on your bill. The cab is about $20. to San Pedro.

We just returned from a great pre-cruise stay in Venice. We stayed at the Inn of Venice Beach, which was about a 15 minute drive from LAX. It is a very cute hotel with a courtyard area that served a deluxe continental breakfast in the morning.

The Inn is located 1 block from the canals and 3 blocks from the beach. The nicest people we have ever encountered worked at their reception desk. www.innatvenicebeach.com

Venice is still fun and funky. We were also just a few miles from the Santa Monica pier. We rented a car at the LAX Hertz location and dropped it in Lomita. (on Ocean Blvd) Actually, we took the rental to the port, embarked, dropped our luggage and then left to return the car. The Hertz office is next to a grocery store so I could pick up Pepsi and Red Bull to take onboard! They called a town car for us and within 15 minutes we were back to the ship.

All in all, a great way to start a vacation!

San Pedro...

Carnival is usually out of Long Beach. I would check closer to sailing in the event of a change.

(Both time I sailed out of San Pedro, we saw the Monarch...it's a pretty ship).

http://208.179.220.201/calendars/Calcium37.pl?CalendarName=sanpedrocruiseship&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2006/2/1

• 1 month later...

We went on a cruise in 2002 and are going on another one on Carnival Pride 7-31-05. We are planning to stay on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. It is perfect!! It is within walking distance to the Carnival terminal. They also have early check-in on the Queen Mary for the cruise, so you can get all your paper work done and out of the way. This year when I called to make reservations for the Queen Mary I mentioned we were going on a cruise the next day and they gave us a discount on our room:) If you have never seen the Queen Mary, that is also awsome. They have shops and restaurants.

Archived