Aft extended balcony room?

Gingee

I have a chance to get a aft extended balcony room but it is at the back of the ship. It is 6440 on Victory. I was wondering if that would be a vibrating engine type room. In other words, would it vibrate a lot compared to the other rooms? Are the rooms any bigger? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

I can't speak for the Victory as far as vibrations, but I love having an aft cabin! Any vibrations I have ever felt were usually when we pulled in or out of port. The views are spectacular! I don't think the cabins are any larger unless they are a corner, and those are 9A's. The balcony is deeper though then a regular.

The room is the same size as any other. The balcony is deeper. We had and aft balcony and the extra space and view are great. There will be some vibration, but it is not constant. Mostly just when parking or undocking and if she 's cranked up to full speed. I would book another aft balcony in a heartbeat.

We just got back from the Destiny...Aft Cabin...deck 8, right under the Lido! First off, No...nothing ever fell on us, there were no problems like that at all! And, once in a blue moon...during the middle of the day....when people were moving chairs around...yeah...you could hear a slight noise...but it wasn't that loud...could have slept through it easily. But at night...there is no one up there moving chairs around anyway!!!

The interesting thing about the aft cabins...is you can totally see, and converse with your next door, and even above and below you neighbors....so if you like to meet people...you will certainly have the chance. We actually, met several people on the back of the ship...and even spent time with them. It was nice; however, if you are really looking for privacy....can't say I'd recommend an aft cabin!

We have booked our first aft balcony for next January. I can't wait! We have have larger than normal balconies on the last 2 cruises by booking those odd L shaped rooms, but DH didn't like the inset. So, I am anticipating a spectacular view this time.:)

I have a chance to get a aft extended balcony room but it is at the back of the ship. It is 6440 on Victory. I was wondering if that would be a vibrating engine type room. In other words, would it vibrate a lot compared to the other rooms? Are the rooms any bigger? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gingee,

Had our first Aft Balcony Nov. 2006 on the Valor . We were over the night club also had very little noise only two times the whole cruise.

There is a very light vibration My wife loved it would like to put the vibration on our bed at home:D. She liked it so much that our next cruise Nov. 2007 will be a aft balcony also. Great views mainly leaving port little more room on the Bal. The slopping rail can be a pain. The walk to most places is long . Won't need the Gym;) Easy to find after a few (to many) drinks just find your deck and head Aft. When the hallway ends you know where you are. Did it a couple of times myself. Less people walking around.

Paul

We stayed in 6440 on the Victory.

The balcony is much bigger then a side one.

We experienced no vibrations but did some shuddering as we were pulling out of ports-- but then so did everyone else.

We heard nothing from the lounge below. THe cabins are over the seating area not the stage. We even had the same cabin on the Destiny.

You can hear some muted noise in the hall but not the cabin.

BUT if you are early to bed type of people this cabin is not for you.

You say you like watching people come back in from the port-- depending on what side of the ship you are on-- you might not see it.

IF the port that you back in-- you will be facing the port and can see everything.

Aft cabins are not for everyone== its a further walk to the stairs elevators but the halls are quiet back there as people on a cruise do not go where they dont have to.

THe baclony is warmer as you will get no ocean breezes like you do a side one. Keep the curtains closed to keep the cabin cool.

The view is fabulous. I dont worry about being on the wrong side of the ship- I can see both sides.

Some people have a soot problem- We jsut wiped everything off before we sat down.

Here is a pic of what your balcony could look like

260530874kXkADX_th.jpg

People above you can see you but only when you are standing at the railing.

You will not feel engine vibrations because the engines are not back there. The engines will be pretty much below the stack. What you might feel is prop cavatation. Usually when entering or leaving port when the props are really churning up the water. I think some complain about this because they don't understand it and think somethings wrong. It is OKay, a normal shuddering that happens when you're trying to move a few million pounds of ship thru water that doesn't want to get out of the way.

Cabins are pretty much the same size, but the balcony is much larger.

You will have to contend with the morning 6 inch layer of soot, ciggie butts, beer cans, half eaten dough nuts, and various unmentionables thrown down for above.--------Best let those of us that can take it book those cabins.:D

Dan

We had the corner aft deck seven on Conquest in April and we have the same cabin on Valor in August. We never felt any vibration and we never had any debris on balcony. There was a little soot one morning. Our cabin was very quiet. The only movement we really felt was in the dining room. This will be my 3rd aft and we love them. We had the corner aft on Mariner of the Seas. That was one huge balcony. I guess im an aft balcony snob.

Cabins are pretty much the same size, but the balcony is much larger.You will have to contend with the morning 6 inch layer of soot, ciggie butts, beer cans, half eaten dough nuts, and various unmentionables thrown down for above.--------Best let those of us that can take it book those cabins.:DDan

ouch-- how scarey to read that. I have not ever had that kind of problem at all on any of the afts we have had in the past.

I did read a post a few months back about finding dirty diapers on their balcony== gawd people can be really piggish at times..

ouch-- how scarey to read that. I have not ever had that kind of problem at all on any of the afts we have had in the past.

I did read a post a few months back about finding dirty diapers on their balcony== gawd people can be really piggish at times..

Did you miss the :D ? There are few aft balcony cabins on any ship and wayyyyy tooooo many people already know how great they are. So I was trying to discourage any new converts.-----But don't tell anyone OK?

Dan

Did you miss the :D ? There are few aft balcony cabins on any ship and wayyyyy tooooo many people already know how great they are. So I was trying to discourage any new converts.-----But don't tell anyone OK?

Dan

whew--- no i didnt see that smile-- in work its all disabled.

i really thought you had all that.

i should tell you that for our sailing in august on the Liberty almopst all those 9A's are available.

Go ahead and go for it. The chance at geting an aft balcony cabin may not come about to you again for a long time to come. Give it a try and just be prepared that you may or may not hear some noise from the club above. Bring some ear plugs or a sound machine to help sleep if you need it. :)

Oh to the person who sent the picture, thanks. Question - where is the furniture?

the person took the furniture off to show how big the regular balconies are.

you will have two chairs and a small parsons table.

On the August one there are 9A's left? Aren't those suppose to be good?

maybe the others were given a chance to upgrade and they said no.

We have lots of those 9As for our cruise in august on the liberty that were not there a few weeks ago

We have done balconys in the past in the middle of the ship and enjoyed it. I don't know that I care about the sout business or things being dropped on our deck.

So it is hard to go to sleep around midnight?

We have done balconys in the past in the middle of the ship and enjoyed it. I don't know that I care about the sout business or things being dropped on our deck.

So it is hard to go to sleep around midnight?

something to consider-- if the aft balconies were in a bad spot why are they highly sought after.

No,it is not hard to go to sleep- actually I sleep better on a cruise then elsewhere on vacation. We sleep with a fan at home - on the aft if we need we can open the door and hear the wake.

The mani reason I take the aft balcony is to get more for my money.

On every class of ship except the spirit class these costs the same as the balcony on the sides.

Archived