Amatique Bay Resort question

chelsea2005

Has anyone taken young children (ours are 2 and 4) to this resort? Was it ok? Was the ferry to get there safe? Are children the same price as adults?

Any opinions are appreciated!!!

We went there on a ship excursion. Since we did not have any kids with us I cannot tell you if the price was less for kids but I would be surprised if it was not.

My observations:

I thought the resort was very well suited to small kids. The ones I saw were having a ball. There is a very nice kids pool - complete with pirate ship and there is a water slide. You will have to supervise - slippery spots etc on the pirate ship but we (adults) checked it out and thought it was neat and fun. There are also some kiddy swings etc and there are some interesting animals on display - turtles and lizards.

The boats appeared to me to be quite safe.

The adult pool is nice but deep in spots - so once again you will have to supervise the little ones. The beach was just OK - decent sand but I thought the water was murky and unappealing - so we stuck to the pool.

The grounds are attractive and the staff were friendly and helpful. There was a little market with the usual souvenirs plus some rather unusual stuff - like hand woven small rugs and some hand embroidered things.

Thank you very much, Zeno! I have been worrying a lot about excursions in Belize and Guatamala!

Forgot to mention - if you go to Amatique Bay with kids - ask them to "turn on the water" for the pirate ship if it isn't "on" (water swirls around and over and into places on the ship - not dangerously and it ups the fun level).

Archived