Quads and flightseeing tours in Alaska?

duceno1

I am looking at taking another cruise to Alaska in the next year or two, and would like to do a flightseeing tour if possible. Has anyone who is dependent for transfers done these while in Alaska? I know it is possible to do, as I was able to do a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but I suppose the difficult part is finding a tour operator able to accomodate this in Alaska?

ERA Helicopters is the company you want to contact. You transfer to a lift and when it gets up to the helicopter, you then tansfer to the seat. You have to leave your chair behind. the folks at ERA will also help you transfer. They are great.

Candy

We were there in 99 and it was great! ERA has a contraption that we put my sis in a chair thingy(she is a quad). THen they rolled her to the copter and slid her up via a glide into the copter. It was easy and they were very helpful! Phenomal flight and my sisiter loved it. you can relax and know it is going to be a great excursion.

I am in a powerchair but I want to do everything.

In Juneau we used Coastal (booked thru Orca Adventure), we took a chopper to a glacier and went dog-sledding, no problems, staff was VERY accomadating.

In Ketchikan we did flightseeing with Island Wings. They litrally picked me up and took me out when flight was over. I asked and was told 250 lbs is their limit to be picked up.

Have a blast, we did.

Sherry

Archived