Island Marketing's "Live Help"

Dannzzigg

Hello folks!

I'm trying to find out about the availability of a couple of excursions on Grand Cayman through Island Marketing, using their "Live Help" link, and I've run into a snag that maybe someone else would be able to help me with.

Maybe it's just me, but when I click the link to "Live Help" a message box opens which asks me to type my name, the name of the excursion I am looking for, the date, the ship I will be arriving on and the number of passengers in my group. When I fill in all of that, it then pops up again asking for the same information and adds a message box for me to fill in a message and my email address. When I submit that, the window closes and that's it- no chat window, nothing.

If someone has used their "Live Help" before, perhaps you could explain how it works. I expected a chat window to open where I could "speak" with a reservation clerk or something like that. Apparently I just left a message.

Is this normal? If so, how long does it typically take for a response?

Thanks!

Yes, I have used the live chat before. You have to catch them during normal business hours and even when I have done that I have gotten the same message as you. I never heard back from them via the email either. I just kept trying until I finally got to chat with someone (took me a couple of days), but once I got through I still had to wait for about 15 to 20 minutes to speak with someone, they were very helpful. I ended up not using them and went straight to the same snorkel operator they were going to use (Captain Bryan's) and didn't even have to put down 20% of the cost of the excursion--I cut the middle man out. They say they save you time and trouble by booking through them, but by the time I finally had answers to my questions I could have done everything myself. They could spend more time on the "live chat" for those of us that have questions --I mean during business hours. :p I wouldn't hesitate to book through them, I just went directly to the source. ;)

I did hear back from them about two or three hours after I sent my message.

Incidentally, I sent two other inquiries regarding other tours via their booking link on their site (not the Live Help) and never received a response.

I would have contacted the actual tour operator directly for the one we did end up booking, but I couldn't find any way to do it other than googling the captain's phone number and calling him at home :)

Archived