For anyone..

AllyCat81

No one else replied to your question about the Margaritaville tour -- I assume you mean the Trails of Margaritaville Walking Tour (as opposed to just visiting Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville). If you are a Buffett fan, the tour is well worth while. I took this tour last November (I wasn't on a cruise but was in Key West) and would take it again. They take you to places where Jimmy lived or played in Key West or places mentioned in his songs and tell you the stories and/or myths about them.

I also did the Conch Train and it was a real highlight of my time there.

Yup that's what I'm talking about. I'm glad you enjoyed it. My boyfriend and I are both big Buffett fans, and it looked like it would be a lot of fun. Do you remember how much it was? I'm thinking we'll probably do the trolley also (whichever one you can get on and off of). :)

Yup that's what I'm talking about. I'm glad you enjoyed it. My boyfriend and I are both big Buffett fans, and it looked like it would be a lot of fun. Do you remember how much it was? I'm thinking we'll probably do the trolley also (whichever one you can get on and off of). :)

I can't remember for sure but I think we paid around $25 each. (May have included a markup since we were there for the Meeting of the Minds -- the annual Parrothead convention -- and booked through them.)

Website for Trails of Margaritaville in case you want to call and check on it: http://www.trailsofmargaritaville.com/trails_info.htm

While you are there you must try the world-famous "chocolate dipped frozen key-lime pie on a stick" :D

Several places sell it...its probably a tourist thing, but that doesn't make it taste bad :p

If you are going to be in Key West at sunset, you MUST do Mallory Square near the ship. It is chock full of interesting characters with all sorts of crazy talents....we saw a golden retriever walking a hi wire! The sun going into the water is beautiful and is applauded every night. The trolley tour is also fun, gives you a quick overview of the city. A GREAT restaurant is Blue Heaven, you eat in a yard under trees and have chickens walking all around while you dine. They go under your table, fly above you (they hold their colons!) and are a blast to watch. The food is tops! Ask anyone where it is located, you can easily get a cab there.

If I had a day to play...

• I would take the Trolley - not the Train - and get off at the southernmost point, go the the Butterfly Conservatory (around the corner) and meet the train again at the Hemingway House.
  • Take it all the way to the Bight & get off at Caroline. Have lunch at BO's Fishwagon
  • Shop Caroline on the way to Duval and start down Duval towards the Atlantic
  • Stop where ever it looks interesting - shops, bars, etc.
  • Explore at least a little of Bahama Village - Blue Heaven (go to the bar instead of lunch), Besame Mucho (a little shop - means "kiss me alot") and anything else that strikes your fancy
  • Watch the time & get back when you need to.

It's a great little town - I love exploring the cemetary, the shops, the houses/architecture and the different museums/arts. There are threads for beaches (few), restaurants and bars on the port board. Just have fun. It's certainly easy here!:D

I have never stopped there on a cruise boat, but go to Key West at least once a year for a couple days. Key West is mainly about drinking. I love going to Capt Tony's - one of Buffet's old hangouts, lunch at B.O.'s fishwagon (it is a shack, but the food if fantastic) and then off to Irish Kevins for some great entertainment and drinks. If you need to speed up your fun, go to Fat Tuesday - one drink will knock you on your tail. If you are there for a sunset, definitely head down to Malloy square. Finally, go to Hog's Breath, get in front of the web cam & call your friends so they can see you on vacation.

Archived