Advice re: booked B2B Gnty, Assigned 2 cabins

sable1

Booked guaranty for back to back cruises.

NCL assigned us two cabins on deck 5.

When I called to see if we could change to ONE cabin in a different category that was available, the agent said it would cost about $1000 for us.

Why should we have to move cabins mid cruise? Is this the way NCL treats their customers.

After our last NCL cruise on the pre Aloha training cruise where we were treated as their guinea pigs, I swore I wouldn't sail with them again. But I thought maybe a European ship would provide a better experience. Unfortunately, I haven't been impressed so far.

So, all you experienced cruuisers and T.A.s out there, what should we do?

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joanne, the chocoholic

When you book guarantees you cannot pick your cabin assignment. That is why guarantee pricing is generally lower. If you want to change and pick a specific cabin, you will need to pay the difference. This is the same as all cruiselines. Maybe it was not explained to you when you booked..it should have. Sounds like you were upset with NCL prior to this reservation, but, I'm sorry, they gave you what you booked. If you would like something else, you will need to pay the difference.

You're talking about 2 separate bookings and, with guarantee, you aren't guaranteed a specific room on either of them. You also mention a different category. The reason they reduce prices for guarantees is to have the flexibility of filling rooms as they need to. I did a back to back on Carnival and ran into the same situation. Prior to final payment I saw a nice price reduction on balconies and changed to a specific room. It ended up costing a little more but it was the only way to avoid having to move.

Have a great cruise! :D

Archived