P & O Shore excursions sold out

Pollypops

Last week I received the brochure for the shore excursions for my forthcoming cruise on Arcadia 18th September, and today I had a look online. I was very surprised to see that some of the trips have already sold out, and I was told I would be put "on the waiting list." Is this normal for excursions to sell out so long before the cruise date? I am travelling with my elderly mother so only want to go on "easy" ones which don't involve much walking. I will be very disappointed if I can't get on the excursions I want as we wouldn't be able to go independently. Any advice please?

Depends on which ports you are visting, If really is no hassle to organise your own shire excursions.

Most ports have taxis waiting at port side and you just ask how much for a trip to where you want to go. Make sure that you ask the price before you get in.

We do this all the time and find it far less expensive than the cruise lines excursions.

Let us know which ports you would like and see if other people have been there.

The two which are showing as sold out are "Nice and the little train" from Cannes, and "Easy Pisa" from Livorno, which also involves a ride on a trolley train from the car park to the leaning tower etc. These sounded good as my mum can't do much walking.

I just don't understand how they can be sold out nearly 3 months before, when I only received the brochure last week!

Hello Pollypops,

I've just registered on the CP this morning as my wife and I are also on this trip. The CP shows 5 places left for the morning trip and 20 places left for the afternoon trip for 'Nice on the little train' but as you say the 'Easy Pisa' is shown waitlisted. In your position, I would register on the cruise personaliser for the trips, including Pisa and most likely you'll get it. I've always found the excursion staff most helpful and accomodating.

Jimmy

Pollypops,

On our last cruise in December the excursion by helicopter over Montserrat was showing as sold out quite early on, I tried to book independently with the helicopter company but they had sold all their capacity to the cruise line.

I kept checking on P&O's site and lo and behold they suddenly started showing places.

Keep checking and maybe an email to P&O's customer services might not go amiss.

Good luck.

To be honest not sure if there is a particular rule.

I usually just keep checking as it gets nearer to my cruise.

But like was said earlier, I have also seen some tours that were previously showing as sold out available again nearer to your departure date.

Angie

x

• 2 weeks later...

Same cruise, same problem. :(

Tried to book "Easy Pisa", especially having a disabled partner, but am on the waiting list.

Looked at doing our own thing in Rome, but €450 for a private hire for the day, for 2-3 people. Ouch.

Hi Spudgun

I am also on waiting list for Easy Pisa, let's keep our fingers crossed we both get on!

Have you booked anything for Cannes? I tried to book Nice & little train for the morning excursion, but each time it only comes up with the afternoon one.

I'm not bothering with Rome as I've been before, going to stay on the ship!

Maybe see you around.

Polly

Hi Polly

Booked Nice and the Little Train for the afternoon, but the morning was fully booked when I tried. Also booked Panoramic Barcelona, as it'll be easy for my good lady with her gammy leg!

Really want to do something in Rome, so we may have to take Derek's suggestion of the shuttle bus to the station and then the train.

Just look for the fat bloke with glasses and the skinny blond with a walking stick and a Glasgow accent and that'll be us ;) Mine's a g&t if you're at the bar first lol.

Spud

OK Spud, I'll look out for you.

We are also doing Panoramic Barcelona. We are the curly redhead and little white haired old lady with walking stick.

Our first cruise, so we'll probably be looking a bit nervous!!!:o

Polly

Polly

Despite it being my twelfth, it will be my other half's first, so you can all be nervous together :o And besides, my first time on the new Arcadia as well!

See you on board.

Archived